Home Remedies For Varicose Veins
If you thought that varicose vein cannot be treated with a bit of self-care, know that there are several tried and tested home remedies for it that can improve your condition largely. Varicose vein is an extremely painful and tortuous vein condition wherein the nervure becomes enlarged due to poor circulation and failure of the vein valve. Swollen, enlarged leg veins, swollen ankles, night cramps, twisted veins, aching, and burning sensation in the veins, charley horse are some of the most common symptoms of varicose veins. Although medication and surgical procedure can alleviate the condition significantly, certain home remedies for varicose veins that can be equally helpful for your condition.
Varicose Veins Home Remedies
- Varicose vein is a painful condition that primarily occurs when blood clot in vein obstructs smooth circulation in the body. To ensure proper blood circulation, it is important to do light exercises like walking, cycling, jogging, and swimming everyday. Doing these exercises at home for 30-45 minutes can assuage the symptoms considerably.
- Wrong diet can exacerbate the symptoms of varicose veins largely. Hence, it is important to avoid greasy, sweet, salty, and high-fat food like ice creams, peanuts, tobacco, cheese, etc. Include plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables, fish, whole grains, seeds, nuts, high-fiber and high-protein food in your diet. Allicin like garlic and onion can help thin blood and ease the condition of varicose veins.
- Another way to ensure smooth circulation is to make sure you do not sit, stand, or lie down in one position for long. Doing so will exert less pressure on the veins and thereby, cause less pain. Also, if you are obese or overweight, make sure you take proper measure to tone down.
- Topically applying castor oil on the swollen veins will alleviate swelling and promote fast healing. Alternatively, you can massage rosemary oil on your swollen veins for quick relief from pain.
- Drinking a glass full of fresh carrot and spinach juice everyday will also help to improve your condition.
These home remedies can help assuage your pain largely. However, make sure that you follow all proper measures to ensure that you do not inflict much pressure on your legs.
Image Credits: smallerthanariver.blogspot.com