Home Remedies For Kidney Infection
Although home remedies cannot clearly cure your condition, a little bit of self-care at home can considerably reduce your pain and discomfort. Agreed, kidney infections are best treated by a doctor. However, if you cannot avail medical help right away, then certain home remedies for kidney infection can allay your discomfort to a great extent and even prevent reoccurrence of the infection.
Kidney Infection Home Remedies
- The best possible treatment for kidney infection is drinking gallons and gallons of water everyday. Drinking up to 3-4 quarts of water daily will help flush out toxins from the urinary tract, thereby speeding up recovery.
- Another effective home remedy for kidney infection is baking soda. Drinking a concoction of baking soda and water twice a day will not just neutralize the acids present in the urine, but will also help allay the symptoms of kidney infection.
- Cranberry juice is believed to be the ultimate therapeutic potion for kidney infection. Cranberries are chock full of vitamin C and Quinolic acid that not only prevents bacteria from sticking on to the walls of the bladder, buts also helps flush out infection from the body. Drinking fresh cranberry juice can thus help you get rid of much of your symptoms.
- Coriander seeds also work wonder against kidney infection. Add 2-tablespoon coriander seeds to boiling water and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes. Allow it to cool and then consume. Drinking coriander seed decoction can alleviate pain and itching associated with kidney infection.
- Vitamin C is believed to be a potent cure against infection. People with kidney infection will benefit largely from eating vitamin C rich foods like salmon, almonds, and dairy products.
- Apart from this, there are many over the counter antibiotics that can help allay burning, itching and stinging sensation associated with kidney infection.
Untreated kidney infection can have fatal consequences. Try these home remedies at home and bid adieu to the nagging infection for good.
Image Credits: enchantedspoon.blogspot.com