Home Remedies For Bloated Stomach
Does your stomach balloon up often with a feeling of tightness, cramps, frequent burping, hiccups with general indigestion? Then its time you looked up some home remedies for bloated stomach and bring back the digestion process on track.
Bloated stomach home remedies - The know- how
The incompletely processed food in the stomach, when passing through the small intestine gets processed by the resident intestinal flora. Some of these foods tend to putrefy, producing gas above normal. The gas causes swelling in the abdominal region, along with tightness in the chest and abdomen, burping, nausea and so on. The triggers for bloating include spicy and oily foods, gassy veggies such as cabbage, cauliflower, onion, irregular eating habits, improper chewing, gluten intolerance, and bowel ailments such as constipation or IBS. The home remedies for the condition will explore avenues to aid the digestion process and prevent bloating.
Home remedies for immediate relief
The best handy home remedy for bloated stomach is to grab a glass of warm water and gulp it down. Warm water will aid in relaxation of the intestinal muscles and reduce the cramping sensation.
Home Remedies through spices
- Asafetida has constituents to aid the digestion process. Add a pinch of asafetida to half a glass of hot water and stir it well. Drink the mixture. Asafetida helps to release the gas produced, thereby providing relief from bloating.
- Fennel seeds have been used as an age-old remedy for bloated stomach. Take a spoon of fennel seeds and chew, or brew fennel tea by adding a tablespoon of the seeds in a cup of boiling water and drink it throughout the day.
- For extreme cases of bloating, a teaspoon of cinnamon mixed with a glass of warm water and teaspoon of honey can work wonders. Drink this mixture, half-a-glass at a time to cure the bloated stomach.
Home Remedies from the “culinary corner”
- Chamomile tea is another effective bloated stomach home remedy. Make the tea out of dried chamomile leaves.
- Lemon and ginger work as a wonderful home remedy for bloated stomach. Cut ginger into thin strips and soak it in lemon juice for about 1 hour. Eat the lemon juice-coated ginger strips one or two at a time, to reduce the bloating.
Points of caution
- The above home remedies may not be applicable to pregnant women, where bloating is a common occurrence during the pregnancy.
- Other gastrointestinal disorders such as colitis, diverticulitis, IBS, or Crohn’s where bloating is a common symptom, may not be responsive to the home remedies. It is imperative to get in touch with the care provider in such cases.
If the bloated feeling makes you wobble and, wince in pain, then recall these home remedies for bloated stomach and, release the cramped spirit within!
Photo Courtesy: ifood.tv