Home Remedies For Hypertension
Hypertension or high blood pressure is one of those silent-killer diseases as it invariably catches you unawares. Resorting to home remedies for hypertension can be doubly advantageous instead of thrusting in loads of pills, which might give temporary relief only. The increased pressure of blood flow in the arteries is hazardous for the heart and the entire body system as well. So let us look into some of the best hypertension home remedies.
Home remedies for hypertension – home to natural healing
Hypertension or high blood pressure is associated with high risk factor of stroke and other cardiovascular ailments. The different home remedies for the condition chiefly focus on lifestyle factors with enhanced dietary inputs. Of course, over-the-counter medicines are available; to control the symptoms, but the condition bounces back once the medication is stopped. Some of the time tested home remedies for blood pressure will help to counter the problem at the root level with out the risk of adverse side effects.
Effective home remedies for hypertension
• As mentioned, tweaking lifestyle factors, such as diet, smoking, or drinking habits and regular exercise is one of the best hypertension home remedies. Smoking and alcoholism are triggers for high blood pressure. Therefore, it is best to avoid them.
• Eating papaya on an empty stomach proves to be a good remedy for hypertension. Papaya contains minerals, which can help bring down the blood pressure levels.
• Garlic, nature’s wonder spice is regarded as one of the best home remedies for hypertension. Crushed garlic with an ounce of water taken on empty stomach every morning can help counter blood pressure levels.
• Amla or Indian gooseberry juice with honey is also an effective remedy for hypertension. Of course, for diabetics, the prescription should have a practitioner’s consent before executing this home remedy.
• Take a half-a-tablespoon of onion juice and the same amount of honey and have it daily as it shows considerable effects in lowering the blood pressure.
• Ensure that there is less of salt in the diet, as high sodium content tends to increase blood pressure.
• Over and above the hypertension home remedies, it is always advisable to keep oneself stress-free, go for regular relaxation techniques, and engage in breathing techniques to bust stress.
Points of caution
The home remedies to cure hypertension may not be suitable for pregnant women, nursing mothers, infants, and patients suffering from chronic ailments. In such cases, it is advisable to seek a physician’s opinion before proceeding with the treatment.
With the tips on home remedies for hypertension, there is all reason for you to feel the pulse of hope for natural cure.
Photo courtesy: living.oneindia.in