What Are The Home Remedies For Sinus Infections
If you ask your grand-mom about – what are the home remedies for sinus infection, she would probably have some good answers for it. Health remedies for sinus have been in use for ages now and nothing can cure this problem better than these home remedies. In fact, I have also learnt certain tips from my earlier generation, which I am going to share with you today. There are several health remedies to cure sinus, however some of them are most effective in this respect.
Health Remedies for Sinus
1. Garlic – Garlic is one of the most effective health remedies for sinus, with its antibiotic and antiviral properties. Garlic helps to build up the immune system of human body, which fights against the viral infection of sinus. Use garlic in generous amount in your diet. Best way to deal with this problem is to consume 2-3 raw garlic cloves in the morning. But, this might taste awful and will not be a great way to start the day. In that situation, you can buy over-the-counter garlic capsules and thus solve this issue.
2. Ginger – Ginger is also very effective in treating sinus infection. The hot and spicy aroma of ginger helps to open up the nasal passage, which in turn reduces the symptoms of sinus. If you can tolerate the hot taste of ginger, then just make few slices of fresh ginger, coat with a little salt and consume. Otherwise, you can prepare a tea by boiling ginger in plain water. Add honey to this, instead of sugar. You are certainly going to feel better while sipping on this.
3. Black Cumin Seeds – This is a typical Indian spice, which is regularly used in various Indian preparations. However, you cannot ignore its health benefits to cure sinus. To get immediate relief from blockage and sinus headache, simply roast these seeds on a dry pan. Inhale the smell to your full breath and instantly you will be relieved. For continuous use, you can put 1 teaspoon of black cumin seeds on a clean and thin cotton cloth. Tie the end and keep on smelling the aroma, until you feel better.
4. Eucalyptus Oil – It is another famous item in the list of health remedies for sinus. It cures the blockage and helps relieve excruciating sinus headache. Add eucalyptus oil with boiled and steaming water. Inhale the steam by covering your head with a towel. This will help to soften the blocked mucus in your nasal passage, so that you can easily discharge the mucus.
5. Lemon Tea – While talking about best health remedies to cure sinus, I cannot miss this useful item. Lemon tea is also quite helpful in curing from sinus. The vitamin C present in lemon helps in strengthening body immunity. Prepare your own cup of lemon tea by boiling few fresh or dried lemon leaves in water. You may or may not add tea leaves in this drink. Simply drink this beverage while it is still hot. If you put few slices of ginger in this, then it will be doubly effective to treat your sinus. Try to have this tea at least 3-4 times a day for better result.
There are many other health remedies to cure sinus, but the best way to avoid this painful symptoms would be to be careful and take preventive actions during the season. Increase your vitamin C intake during this time, so that you have a better and stronger immune system to fight with any external infections.