Benefits of Goat Milk
Slightly sweet, a tinge of saltness and delicious - this is what makes goat milk the preferred choice of many, all over the world. The many benefits of goat milk and its ever increasing demand has made its availability common in several health stores and markets across the USA. You do not have to homogenize goat milk since its globules are much smaller and stay suspended in solution. It is recommended to anyone who is sensitive or allergic to cow milk. Here are more facts and benefits of goat milk.
Amount =1.00 cup
Total weight = 244.00 g
calories from fat
calories from saturated fat
sugar - total
fat - total
trans fatty acids
vitamin A IU
vitamin A RE
A - carotenoid
A - retinol
A - beta carotene
thiamin - B1
riboflavin - B2
niacin - B3
vitamin D IU
vitamin D mcg
vitamin E alpha equiv
vitamin E IU
vitamin E mg
Goat milk benefits:
Richly loaded with minerals and vitamins:
- The milk is a great source of amino acid tryptiphan, calcium, riboflavin, phosphorous, proteins and potassium. All these are needed by our body for stronger bones, better immunity and overall fitness. 561826-goat-milk-richly-loaded-with-nutrients.jpgsaxeiimhbt465fypxrqfaj7mkcqved0cawq8wc4hgusgafqjcnezlm1t4f8k4nvsfxsjnwzrunz2jq
Acts as a replacement for cow milk:
- What happens if you are allergic to cow milk? Babies and even adults have many times shown intolerance to cow milk - in such a case goat milk is strongly recommended by health experts. Kids who have intolerance to cow milk based formulas can be fed goat milk - it contains the equivalent number of vital nutrients and is a calcium rich alternative.
Helps in getting stronger bones:
- Goat milk is rich in calcium which makes it an excellent alternative to cow milk for older kids and adults. This milk not only is a rich source of calcium but has several other nutrients which is found in cow milk. Calcium is important for maintaining the density and strength. Moreover calcium helps in protection of colon cells from harmful bone cancer causing chemicals. It also helps in prevention of bone loss that occurs after menopause.
Protects against the metabolic syndrome:
- Having goat milk on a regular basis is truly a healthy way of reducing the risk associated with metabolic syndrome. 561827-goat-milk-offers-protection-from-breast-cancer.jpgsaxeifwtbt-fflyaurae4ykiicqved0cawq8wc4oqusgafqjcnhtjkcsbkusod-htwi6fo50dhjzq
Offers protection against breast cancer:
- As per a French research, it was found that those who had the highest average dairy intake of goat milk recorded 45% lower chances of developing breast cancer.
Increased levels of energy:
- Goat milk is rich in riboflavin which is an important component for energy production. This vitamin plays an important role in energy production and improving the fitness levels of individuals. Those who consume goat milk on a regular basis feel energetic and show much more endurance to strenuous exercises.
Offers protection to the heart:
- The milk is rich in potassium which is very essential for the maintenance of normal blood sugar level and also helps in healthy function of heart. 1 cup of goat milk has 498.7 mg of potassium and just 121.5 mg of sodium
Goats have always played a role in food culture since ages and even today its milk is enjoyed in many ways. Try it out and see if you find it delicious too.
Image credits: goodmealgoodness,