Herbal Remedies For Stroke
Brain attack or a stroke can occur when the blood supply to the brain is stopped due to obstruction by a clot. Herbal management is recommended along with drug treatment to improve health in those who have suffered from a stroke. Some of the symptoms of the condition are muscle weakness, loss of balance and coordination, vertigo, slurred speech and problems with vision. It is more common after the age of 55 and the risk increases in individuals having diabetes or high cholesterol levels. Recovery takes a long time despite medication and herbs that can support the treatment are listed here. Read on to know more.
- Garlic- This is one of the best herbs to prevent a stroke due to its ability of reducing the risk of clot formation. When garlic is consumed, it is less likely that blood cells will stick or clump. Eat this herb in its natural form everyday for best results.
- Turmeric- Studies have shown that the main ingredient in turmeric called curcumin has many antioxidants that reduce inflammation and maintain health of blood vessels. This mechanism can prevent the development of a stroke.
- Ginkgo – Using this herb can improve the flow of blood and oxygen to the brain and reduce the risk of clot formation. It is also useful for patients who are suffering from a stroke and helps in regeneration of the nerve cells in such individuals. This improves movement and coordination and fastens recovery.
- Hawthorne- It can help in strengthening the blood vessels so that they do not rupture easily and lose flexibility. Tablets and capsules that contain this extract are available but should be used only after getting a go ahead from your doctor.
- Flax Seeds- They are rich in omega 3 fatty acids that protect the blood vessels from inflammation and clot formation. 2 teaspoons of flax seeds are recommended for use everyday.
Use these natural remedies for stroke management on a regular basis. Follow a balanced diet chart and exercise sufficiently.
Image Credit pcos7172.tumblr.com