Herbal Remedies For Head Lice
Troublesome, blood sucking head lice cause a lot of distress and constant itching of the scalp. If you are suffering because of them and cant keep your hands off your head, herbal remedies are the best solution for you. Herbs have powerful natural oils that kill the lice and nits and prevent them from coming back. Read on to know more about the herbs for head lice which can be used on children too.
Few Herbal Remedies For Head Lice
1. A paste made of fresh neem leaves will go a long way in disinfecting the scalp and killing head lice. Keep the paste on for 30 minutes and wash well with a gentle shampoo. This one of the best natural remedy for head lice.
2. Mix 6 – 7 drops of eucalyptus oil in warm coconut oil and apply on scalp. Keep overnight for best results. Head lice dislike the powerful smell of eucalyptus and will keep away for good.
3. The acids in the juice of a lemon are powerful enough to kill head lice. Add some curd to the lemon juice and use this pack regularly.
4. Crush fresh black pepper and heat it along with hair oil till the oil gets a dark color. Use this regularly to get relief from head lice. The spicy oils in pepper provide a harsh environment for the head lice, preventing their growth.
5. Camphor which is extracted from a plant called camphor basil, has a strong aromatic smell. It is normally crushed into a powder and applied on the scalp. It not only drives away the head lice but also reduces itch and cools the scalp.
Tips For Managing Head Lice Naturally
Apply cold aloe vera gel to soothe the scalp.
A gentle olive oil massage will prevent hair loss.
Raw onion juice on scalp is also effective.
Keep scalp clean and hair detangled to reduce head lice
Use the above mentioned herbs regularly and keep your scalp free from head lice always.
Image Credit en.wikipedia.org