Herbal Remedies For Gallbladder Disorders
Gallbladder is susceptible to disorders like gallstones, gallbladder cancer, and cholecystitis. Most patients prefer to treat gallbladder disorders using natural herbs instead of opting for gallbladder surgery or removal. Given below are some popular herbs that have been found to be effective in treating gallbladder related health issues.
Few Natural Herbal Remedies for Gallbladder Disorders
- Chicory improves secretion of bile, and is good for gallbladder as well as the liver. Gallbladder disease can be helped by consuming chicory. It can be consumed in the form of teas or juice. Chicory powder can also be used for making decoctions, strain and drink twice a day for relief.
- Olive oil and sunflower oil can be used for removing gallstones. The oil has to be taken first thing in the morning followed by lemon juice or grapefruit juice. The treatment has to be repeated for several weeks. Olive oil can also be consumed by using it in regular cooking, salad dressings etc.
- Dandelion root benefits the gallbladder. Juices of dandelion and watercress can be taken for some days continuously. This can return gallbladder to its normal functioning.
- Alfalfa is a herb that cleanses the liver and provides all required vitamins and minerals. It can be consumed in the form of capsules.
- Turmeric can help in preventing formation of gallstones. They even reduce risk of problems from developing.
- Other herbs like catnip, barberry root, fennel, ginger, parsley etc are also used for treating gallbladder disorders.
Tips for Managing Gallbladder Disorders Naturally
- Avoid fatty foods.
- Eat only vegetarian food.
- Drink fresh juice made of beets, carrots, and cucumbers. These are helpful for the condition.
- Pear is very beneficial for those suffering from gallbladder disorders. The fruit can be eaten as it is or in the form of juice.
Herbal remedies for gallbladder should be taken only after consulting your health care provider. Gallbladder disorders can have serious consequences and hence supervision of a physician is mandatory.
Image credit: livercleansingfoods.net