Herbal Remedies For Depression And Anxiety
It is normal to feel the blues once in a while, however, if the feeling lingers on for a substantial period, then it is time to treat it. Mild bouts of depression and anxiety can be treated naturally using herbs which are very effective. Given below are some of the most commonly used herbal remedies for the condition.
Few Natural Herbal Remedies for Depression & Anxiety that may Help
- St. John’s Wort is the most popular depression and anxiety herbal remedy. This is also one of the few herbs that have scientific evidence in support.
- Valerian is another herb that has been proved to relieve anxiety. The herb extracts works rapidly and can provide results in a matter of hours.
- Green tea contains L-Theanine that can relieve anxiety and depression. The best part about green tea is that it is not addictive or habit forming.
- Passion flower is another effective herb. Herb extract can be used for mild bouts of depression and anxiety. When taken in combination with valerian, the effects are profound.
- Kava herb is known to be used for treating anxiety in alternative medicine.
Tips for Managing Anxiety and Depression Naturally
- Practice techniques for relaxation regularly. Meditation, muscle relaxation, and deep breathing reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Eat regularly and adopt healthy eating habits.
- Keep consumption of alcohol and nicotine to a minimum.
- Regular exercise is mandatory for a healthy mind and body.
- Sleep well at night. Do not sit up late into the night or sleep late into the morning.
If episodes of depression and anxiety persist without responding to herbal remedies, consulting a medical practitioner is recommended.
Image credit: relaxationtechniquesforanxietyblog.org