Herbal Remedies For Gallstones
Patients who are not keen on opting for surgery to treat gallstones can turn to herbal remedies for help. These are natural medicinal herbs that can help eliminate the pain involved while deciding to go in for surgery. Consult your health care provider and under the supervision of a registered herbalist, try out the various natural options available. Given below are some of them.
Few Natural Herbal Remedies for Gallstones that may Help
- Artichoke leaves contain caffeoylquinic acid. This can increase production of bile and help dissolve cholesterol and fat deposits that cause gall stones.
- Milk thistle is one of the most effective herbs for gallstones. It inhibits over production of cholesterol as well as maintains healthy rate of producing bile.
- Turmeric is a natural Ayurvedic medicine. It contains curcumin which has medicinal properties.
- Peppermint is a good cleanser of the gall bladder. Consume it as teas, tincture or in capsules.
- Cramp bark, catnip, barberry root bark etc are also effective for alleviating associated pain and other symptoms.
Tips for Managing Gallstones Naturally
- Drink plenty of water and keep hydrated.
- Include raw fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
- Avoid fatty and oily food.
- Fish and lean meats can be consumed.
- Drink only skimmed milk.
Gallstones should not be self diagnosed or self treated. Herbal remedies for gallstones are good provided they are followed with utmost care and supervision.
Image credit: smallconcerns.wordpress.com