How To Fight Meat Addiction
Meat holds a remarkable position in the list of foods which are capable of addicting a person. When it comes to the treatment, it is again the will of the addicted person which is of primary importance. Let us check out this blog for some facts behind meat addiction and the ways of fighting it.
Hazards Linked With Meat Addiction:
- Meats contain chemical compound that stimulate brain’s ‘feel good’ chemicals, which drives the cravings for it.
- Over-eating meat may lead to several problems like elevated blood pressure, diarrhea, vomiting and increase in uric acid levels.
- The addiction towards meat hence may turn a person hypertensive and prone to gout like infections on a long run.
- Also meat addiction has environmental concerns like, the number of livestock in western countries has faced a great fall since meat addiction is on a rise there.
Fighting Meat Addiction:
Here are a few suggestions which might help in fighting meat addiction:
- Start by cutting down the amount and frequency of meat bought per week.
- Change the recipes of your meal into the ones which may not need meat. Get the help from your family members for this. But watch out that you don’t skip protein in your diet.
- Try to have meals with vegan companions.
Meat addiction can result in health damages and must be taken care of at a proper time . You might find it tough simply because ”they are good to eat” but I hope the above mentioned points will make you see reason.
Image Credit: faith-resources.blogspot.in