Herbal Remedies For Liver
Liver is an important organ of the body and there are quite a few herbal remedies that can be used to keep it in the best of health. Mild problems with the liver can also find relief with natural treatments. Given below are the lists of remedies which are natural in origin.
Few Natural Herbal Remedies for Liver Health
- Dandelion is a bitter herb. The bitter herbs contain cholagogue which increase bile flow. Wormwood and greater celandine also contains cholagogues.
- Caraway seeds have carminative properties. They expel gas and bloating form intestines. Fennel, peppermint, and anise too have carminative properties useful in maintaining liver health.
- Chamomile is a sedative. It contains both carminative oils as well as bitterness. Brew chamomile teas and consume this for all antispasmodic benefits.
- Valerian is another herb that has antispasmodic properties as well as sedative benefits.
- Peppermint leaves and milk thistle can also be used for keeping liver healthy.
Tips for Managing Liver Health Naturally
- Eating right kind of food is very important for maintaining liver health.
- Avoid alcohol, junk food, poisonous drugs, spicy, fried, and fatty foods.
- Drink clean and pure water to keep liver fit.
- Wash vegetables and fruits very well so as to remove any kind of adhering pesticides, chemicals, or germicides.
- Mild exercise is mandatory for proper functioning of liver.
Herbal remedies for liver would help in keeping it healthy. However any kind of yellowing of body, nails or urine should be immediately reported to a physician.
Image credit: backtohealthnaturally.com