How To Fight Peanut Addiction
Getting addicted to peanuts is on rise and has become an issue that requires treatment at the earliest. Not only peanut, but also peanut butter has a a number of people addicted to it. Let us see some of the ways to fight peanut related addictions now.
Hazards Of Peanut Addiction:
- Peanuts, when eaten more than prescribed limits, are capable of increasing your body weight and add up more health issues.
- Most of the time the peanuts which you have would be salted, and so may increase your blood pressure levels.
- You would eat thousands of calories unknowingly.
- Gastrointestinal problems are another contribution of peanuts.
- They increase satiety and so consumption of other healthy foods would reduce gradually.
- Peanut butter, the most popular spread also has potential health benefits when compared to other types of butter.
- This may increase the levels of magnesium in your body.
Fighting Peanut Addiction:
- Try buying peanuts with shell rather than the ones de-shelled. Because, the time taken to remove shells would reduce the amount of consumption of nuts.
- If you are addicted to salted peanuts, switch over to some other tasting ones so that the quantity of eating would reduce.
- Use a smaller spoon or replace spoon with fork to take peanut butter from jars.
- Remove peanuts from your foods list and get the help of family members for this.
Going nutty about these yummy, beneficial nuts are fine, if the quantity is reasonable. If not, it is better if you start trying to quit it, since these nuts may make you even forget other foods.