Herbal Remedies For Sore Throat
Soreness of the throat is a mild infection usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection, an allergic reaction, dry heat or even smoking. The condition can be easily treated at home using simple herbal remedies. Only if the symptoms persist or become worse would it be necessary to meet with a medical practitioner. Listed below are some popular herbal remedies that have been in use for treating sore throat since a very long time…
Few Natural Herbal Remedies for Sore Throat worth a Try
- Horehound is effective sore throats since this reduces inflammation and swelling. Thinning of mucus makes it easier to get it out of the throat.
- Slippery elm coats the throat and provides relief from symptoms associated with the condition like itching, burning etc.
- Marshmallow root is similar to slipper elm in function. It contains throat coating mucilage that provides relief from symptoms. Brew a strong tea of this dried herb and consume it 3 to 5 times a day for relief.
- Echinacea is a herb that has many uses. The antibacterial and antiviral activities speed up the healing process and you can get quick relief on using this.
- Garlic aids in fighting the infection. It has potent antibacterial and antiseptic properties.
Tips for Managing Sore Throat Naturally
- Salt water gargle is the best remedy for sore-throat relief. Salt draws out water from the mucus accumulated in the throat and helps in clearing phlegm.
- Gargling with baking soda solution is good to keep your throat healthy.
- Boost your immune system during the cold season with vitamins, supplements, and a healthy diet.
- Include garlic, ginger, black pepper to keep away cold and flu symptoms.
Herbal remedies for sore throat are very effective and should be definitely given a try before you opt for regular prescription drugs.
Image credit: myhomeremediesforsorethroat.com