Tips To Prepare Healthy Dessert For Kids
Kids love desserts. But do you know the art of making these delicacies even more healthy? Using a low-fat dairy product and fruits along with nuts might help you add nutritional value to any sweet dish. The ideas below will help you prepare healthy desserts for your kids. Take a look.
Desserts Can Be Healthy Too
If you thought desserts will only make your kids obese, think again! Desserts are important and can benefit your children in many ways than you really think. Given that children love desserts, you can try a variety of ingredients while preparing them. Healthy delicacies can help infiltrate some nutrition into children and will aid in making them much more healthier and stronger.
Tips and Healthy Dessert Ideas for Kids
- Kids love ice creams, don’t they? You can make the ice cream nutritious by using coconut milk or soy milk. Soy milk has folate, calcium, and B complex vitamins. Coconuts can boost immunity.
- Making fruit candies for dessert is a good idea. Coat fruit pieces with dark chocolate, refrigerate them for a few minutes, and serve. Fruits are good sources of fiber and aid in digestion.
- Almonds and walnuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acid, which fortifies the immune system. Coat almonds with a mixture of egg white, sugar, and cocoa powder and cook them in the oven to make a nutritious delight that your kids will love. Alternatively, you can try this recipe too.
- A fruit yoghurt with blueberries and raspberries will be another good idea. Yoghurt provides calcium and helps children fight against diseases. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants and contain vitamin C, folate, and fiber, which is good for growing kids.
- Why not try a vanilla pudding with milk? You can also use soy milk as a substitute. When the pudding is ready, add a spoon of carob spread to it and make it look attractive. Carob is low in calories and has a taste similar to chocolate.
- Make milkshakes nutritious by adding fruits and nuts. You can add banana and almonds and blend them well to make a yummy banana milkshake. You can also add cocoa powder to add a chocolate flavor.
- Apple pies are healthy and easy to make too. Simply bake apple pieces and sprinkle sugar over them. Add these to crackers with a spread of cream cheese. You can splash a bit of caramel or chocolate to add color and make them look much more attractive. Apples are rich in fiber, vitamin A, and vitamin C. These vitamins are good for the eyesight and immunity.
It is indeed possible to make a healthy dessert for kids with one or a combination of these options. Try them and let us know how your kids liked them!
Image Credit: attention2detailblog