Herbal Remedies For Psoriasis
Psoriasis is a skin condition wherein the skin becomes red, flaky, and itchy. Natural and herbal treatments are often used to treat psoriasis. The chronic disease affects both men and women of all ages and often long-term treatment is required for obtaining relief from the symptoms. Listed below are some natural treatments of herbal origin that may help in controlling the skin disorder.
Few Natural Herbal Remedies for Psoriasis worth Trying
- Jasmine flowers are often used in treating psoriasis. The flowers are crushed into a paste and applied on affected areas.
- Black nightshade extract can be applied locally for reducing inflammation and pain.
- Onion helps in blood purification. Addition of onion to regular diet of a person can help in containing symptoms of psoriasis.
- Sesame seeds, soaked in water and taken the next day have been proved to be effective against the condition.
- Cabbage leaves can be placed on affected region and bandaged for relief.
Tips for Managing Psoriasis
- Avoid consumption of oily and spicy foods. This leads to a buildup of toxins in the body and can contribute towards spread of psoriasis.
- Green vegetables, carrot, cucumber, fruits are good for skin and help in curing the condition.
- Salts and curd can worsen the condition and hence are best avoided.
- Bathing in Epsom water is often recommended.
- Inclusion of bitter foods like bitter gourd, bitter drumsticks etc help in purifying blood and flushing out toxins from body.
There is no known cure for Psoriasis. However, herbal remedies for the condition often provide the required relief. Make sure that you consult a physician prior to beginning any of the herbal treatments.
Image credit: naturalherbalremediesathome.blogspot.in