Herbal Remedies For Acid Reflux
Having acid reflux is a harrowing experience accentuated with the fact that it does not present itself with externally discernable symptoms. Natural treatments can be used to treat acid reflux in its initial stages. However, acid reflux can cause complications and acute conditions like GERD and if symptoms persist consulting a medical practitioner is recommended. Listed below are some herbal remedies that can be tried out for symptomatic relief arising from the condition.
Few Natural Herbal Remedies For Acid Reflux
- Swedish bitter is a herbal tonic made using over 10 herbs and is used extensively in Europe for curing heartburn.
- Fennel tea has been found to be useful in calming acid reflux in many people. The tea should be taken warm over a period of time to gain maximum benefits.
- Aloe Vera extract or juice can be added to drinking water to get some relief from symptoms.
- One tablespoon of raw organic apple cider vinegar mixed in water taken before meals can help in drastically reducing discomfort. This aids digestion as well as calms the stomach.
- Licorice is a herbal remedy worth considering for treating acid reflux. Licorice gels coats the stomach wall and this protects it from the corrosive effect of excess acid in the stomach.
- Baking soda is a natural antacid that can be used for treating acid reflux. When mixed with water, this is easy to consume and provides instant relief.
Watch the video to learn more about herbal remedies for acid reflux:
Tips for Managing Acid Reflux
- Eat plenty of raw vegetables and fruits, like mango and papaya.
- Try and avoid including citrus fruits in your diet. This can increase acidity.
- Vegetable juices are alkaline and may help in neutralizing the acids in the gastro-intestinal tract.
- Try to avoid or reduce consumption of carbonated drinks.
- Reduce intake of beverages like tea and coffee. These can increase acidity as well as discomfort.
Acid reflux occurs when stomach acid splashes back into the food pipe. There is a heightened feeling of discomfort along with a burning sensation. Herbal remedies may help provide relief when the condition is mild.
Image credit: sayangtist.wordpress.com
Video credit: youtube.com