Gluten Free Apple Pie Health Benefits
An apple pie that is gluten free comes as another classic and awesome treat on your pie plate loaded with benefits of health and nutrition. A gluten free apple pie makes it accessible for people who are allergic to gluten or afflicted with celiac disease making them intolerant to gluten rich food. Let us scroll down to learn about the healthy facts behind such special apple pies.
Healthy Apple Pies Devoid of Gluten
We will discuss some of the gluten free flour ingredients that are basically used in making the apple pie crust. Some of the healthy ingredients are also used as the topping for the pie.
Pecan Crumb Topped Apple Pie:
- The beauty of this pecan crumb apple pie is that it is both sugar and gluten free.
- This makes it best for both sugar conscious and gluten sensitive community.
- With tapioca starch, rice flour, almond flour and bean flour, you fetch all the health benefits that stabilize your digestion and restores gut flora without resorting to medication.
- Garbanzo bean flour used for crust making adds another health quotient.
- It helps in curbing appetite and controls cholesterol level.
- These ingredients also meet up your daily iron need as they are rich in iron content and are great for anemic people.
- Folic acid and Vitamin C is another good nutrient base found in bean flour.
Strawberry Apple Pie:
- Strawberry apple pie is made with corn flour, which is flavorless but is completely gluten free.
- It is used as thickener and also as binding agent.
- Corn starch has thiamine in it that helps in boosting the carbohydrate metabolism.
- The insoluble fibers in it make it easy for gluten sensitive people and those with digestive disorders and constipation.
- It has Vitamin B complex and magnesium and phosphorus that help in bone and blood formation.
- Most importantly, it has beta-cryptoxanthin pigments that prevent lung cancer.
Blackberry Apple Pie:
- Blackberry apple pie is another great healthy treat to enjoy.
- Blackberries are deemed to be top ranked super food.
- Blueberry is high in anti-oxidant and thus keeps your cells free from damaging effects of free radicals created due to toxic and waste product.
- They help in arthritis pain, improve memory and boost immunity.
- They are excellent reservoir of manganese and provide you bundle of Vitamin C supplementation.
- These gluten free apple pies are also great for women as they delay the onset of wrinkles and sagging skin.
These are a few gluten free apple pie ideas you can try and enjoy a healthy and tasty dessert.
Image credit: ifood.tv