Herbal Remedies For Anxiety
Mild anxiety issues are best dealt with naturally and what can be better than herbal remedies? They are usually not harmful to the body and relieve the symptoms without any side effects. The best part of considering herbal remedies for anxiety is that they are rarely addictive unlike their traditional counterparts. Anxiety symptoms can include restlessness, impatience, poor concentration, irritability, headaches, fatigue, bloating, etc. Heal your mind with these natural remedies instead.
Natural Herbal Remedies for Anxiety worth a Try
- The herb valerian is very effective against insomnia and this herb is often used to treat mild cases of anxiety disorders.
- Kava has been increasingly used for curing anxiety. However, studies have indicated a potential liver damage with unsolicited use of this herb.
- Use of passionflower for treating symptoms of anxiety is very common. Studies have indicated that passion flower is comparable to benzodiazepine drugs.
- Theanine is another herbal treatment that is finding favor among the patients for curing symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Ashwagandha is the Ayurvedic answer to anxiety. Believed to have been used since centuries for curing the same.
- The leaves and flowers of St.John’s Wort contain hypericin which helps in considerable relief.
Watch the video for some more herbal remedies:
Tips for Managing Anxiety
- Talk to near and dear ones about daily issues or stressful episodes.
- Try to keep calm by daily sessions of yoga and meditation.
- Talk to a registered herbalist or doctor so as to determine the extent of disorder and apt prescription.
Herbal remedies for anxiety can help, however it is necessary to talk to a doctor prior to starting on any of the above mentioned remedies.
Image credit: newherbalremediesforanxiety.com
Video credit: youtube.com