Natural Remedies For Tonsillitis During Pregnancy
Natural remedies are not only the best way to stay away from medications, but they are also considered to be the safest and most effective measure to treat tonsillitis during pregnancy. You will find great relief from throat congestion, tonsil inflammation and obtain complete freedom from bacteria and viruses causing the painful condition. Though there is no particular phase during which tonsillitis can affect you during pregnancy, you are expected to exercise caution in order to prevent the ill effects of inflamed tonsils. Here are a few natural cures that can be of great help at this time.
Leading Causes of Tonsillitis
Tonsillitis during pregnancy can lead to strep throat and may require surgery if left untreated. These are major reasons for your tonsil aggravation:
- Chronic viral or bacterial infection of throat
- Weakened immune system
- Recurring phases of blood infection also called as septicemia
- Glandular fever
- Persistent inflammation
- Dry cough
Basic Symptoms Associated with Tonsillitis
The following symptoms are related to acute tonsillitis condition and you need to see doctor if they are continuously knocking you down:
- Redness in tonsils
- Inflammation in tonsils
- White pus like discharge while coughing
- Pain while swallowing
- Ear pain
- Bad breathe
Best Natural Ways to Stay Away from Tonsillitis
Salt and Lime:
- Gargling with salt and lime is one of the most easiest and best approached way to treat tonsillitis.
- Salt acts as saline environment for bacteria and viruses and inhibits the multiplication of their life cycles.
- It robs the biological machinery off from microbes and thus leaves them to die.
- Lime on the other hand is imbibed with abundance of Vitamin C that is highly capable of fighting infections.
- Lime also boosts your immune function and fortifies your immune cells to keep you free from microbial attack.
- A glass of fenugreek solution is another best remedy for tonsillitis.
- Fenugreek seeds must be boiled in water and the strained concoction must be gulped down every day to treat the condition.
- It helps in removing the calcium accumulation that is one of the leading causes of tonsillitis.
- Fenugreek seeds also assist in warding off the streptococcal bacteria that are specifically involved in throat pain and congestion.
Magic of Vegetable Juice:
- During tonsillitis, mixed vegetable juice plays significant role in treating the acute tonsillitis condition.
- Drink vegetable juice of carrot, beet and cucumber in right proportion of 3:1:1 regularly for 2 weeks.
- Apart from cleaning your system internally, this juice mixture will soothe your irritated throat and reduce the swelling as well.
- Make sure your take this benefit in lukewarm condition only.
Miscellaneous Natural Remedies:
- A glass of hot milk to which pepper has been dissolved is another potent way to treat tonsillitis.
- Milk with turmeric is also regarded as safest natural measure for the condition.
- Epsom salt bath is also good way to cure your tonsillitis.
- Gargling with cider vinegar is also best available remedy.
- Herbal tea with ginger, pepper and honey is considered another old age remedy to cure the throat ailments.
With so many holistic natural approaches, you can easily recover from tonsillitis during pregnancy and even pass on a few of these tips to your near and dear ones!
Image credit: ifood.tv