Natural Remedies For Hyperthyroidism During Pregnancy
Natural remedies for controlling hyperthyroidism during pregnancy help in normalizing the overall secretion of the thyroid gland, which is the master gland of metabolism. The glands provide the required vitamins and other synergistic nutrients that help in calming down restlessness, managing the rate of metabolism, maintaining normal body temperature and improving respiration rate.
One in every 500 known cases of hyperthyroidism is diagnosed during pregnancy especially in the early trimesters. Untreated or undiagnosed cases of over active thyroid, as it is normally called could lead to serious birth defects in babies with the mother being prone to stillbirths, heart failure, miscarriage and infertility. Treating the condition with the support of conventional medications can risk your baby’s development, therefore natural therapies play a crucial role in preventing serious side effects. Let us explore the causes and symptoms before learning about the remedies…
Leading Causes of Hyperthyroidism:
Following are major reasons behind development of hyperthyroidism during pregnancy:
- Inflammation of thyroid gland
- Grave’s disease
- Blockage of estrogen hormone due to some or the other reason
- Over production of thyroid hormone
- Thyroid gland infections that refuse to go away
- Diet with too much of iodine in it
- Cancerous growth of nodules in and around the area of thyroid gland
Possible Symptoms of Hyperthyroidism:
You need to address these symptoms if you are afflicted with any one of them during pregnancy:
- Bulging out of eyeball
- Unexplained nervousness
- Lump in the front neck part
- Fast beating of heart
- Respiration and pulse rate higher
- Sudden weight loss Eye dryness
Common Folk Remedies for Hyperthyroidism
- Sea weeds are known to be proven remedy for treating hyperthyroidism during pregnancy.
- They help in managing the overall health of thyroid gland and ensure that normal level of thyroxin hormone is produced in the body.
- It is the diet that is capable enough to provide you with whole array of nutrients that lack in hyperthyroidism patients.
- They help in keeping your digestive system in right balance.
- They act as blood purifier and thus your thyroid gland is continuously supplied with required oxygen level.
- They have good dose of aspartic acid that directly act on thyroid gland and restores it with lacking vitamins.
- Coenzymes and other important minerals are grasped from sea weeds to keep your thyroid gland in the pink of its health.
- Fruits like papaya and mangoes are very beneficial for ladies stuck with hyperthyroidism.
- They have essential enzymes and proper nutrition balance to keep your over active thyroid under control.
- The enzymes in papaya help in combating the bad effects of caffeinated drinks that could obstruct with the normal functioning of thyroid gland.
Antioxidant Rich Diet:
- Inculcate the habit of eating more of antioxidant rich diet, shunning foods that increase hyperthyroidism instead. You should include greens and colorful fruits like strawberry, oranges, pears, watermelon, cabbage, plums and dates in your daily menu.
- The excess production of thyroid hormone is reduced by the action of antioxidants and thus you have better working thyroid gland.
- Also, the vitamin C nutrition that comes as a bonus in many fruit based diet will inhibit the over production of hormones that cause hyperthyroidism.
Therefore, it is very clear that with the adoption of rational diet as natural remedy will ensure you a better health that is free of any symptoms of hyperthyroidism during pregnancy!
Image credit: ifood.tv