How To Use Probiotics For Candidiasis Treatment
Candidiasis is a health condition where there is an overproduction of yeast, predominantly Candida albicans in the digestive system and genitals, and woman are prone to it due to their anatomy. A natural and effective way to prevent as well as manage the infection if use of Probiotics for Candidiasis Treatment.
How Probiotics Help Treat Candidiasis
Candidiasis leads to infection of the skin and mucous membranes in and around the mouth of genitals and can cause skin redness and itching. Among women it also causes vaginal discharge and soreness while in men it may be relatively asymptomatic.
Probiotics when consumed to cure candiadiasis repopulate the gut and reproductive tract with beneficial microbes displacing the harmful yeast. The live microflora also modifies the pH to create an acidic environment where the yeast can not thrive. When consumed regularly they help in maintaining vaginal and urinary health, replenishing vaginal flora, and provides relief from vaginal discomfort. Probiotics also boost the body immunity and fight infection. It can take one to four weeks to cure candidiasis and the type and quantum of probiotic requirement depends on the severity of infection.
When Lactobacillus rhamnosus and Lactobacillus reuteri are taken along with anti-fungal drugs for treating vaginal infections it helped effectively reduce vaginal discharge and other symptoms associated with yeast infection.
How To Use Probiotics To Treat Candidiasis
- Probiotic therapy is effective when the product consumed has live strains of microbes in sufficient quantities.
- Food labels of probiotic products must be carefully read to find out the details of the microbes present and the expiration date.
- Although probiotics play a curative role in treating candidiasis, when consumed on a daily basis it can prevent many infections and health conditions in the body.
- Probiotics can be consumed in daily diet in the form of diary products like acidophilus milk, kefir, cultured milk, cultured buttermilk, and yogurt.
- Probiotics can also be added to daily diet by incorporating soy, rice or coconut milk with live microbes, pickled vegetables (Raw kimchi, sauerkraut or pickled beets, carrots or other vegetables), hummus, tempeh, formulated health bars, miso, cereals, and certain probiotic salad dressings.
- Probiotics are also available as a wide variety of dietary supplements in capsule, tablets or liquid forms for easy use.
- Prebiotics taken along with probitics enhance their activity.
Best Probiotics for Candidiasis
Microbes from the lactobacillus strain like L. Casie, L. rhamnosus, L. reuteri, L. acidophilus, L. Casie GG, and L. bulgaricus can be used to treat candidiasis along with a few strain of bifidobacterium. Among the common probiotic products used to treat yeast infection are Treelac and Fivelac, some more products that can be included in diet to improve probiotic intake are Acidophilus milk, Probiotic yoghurt, Choice Super 8 High Potency Probiotic, Advanced Adult Probiotic, Yakult, Align, Activia yogurt, EcoVag, Yoplait YoPlus, Stonyfield yogurt, Pearl, Dong Quai, Coco Biotic, Goodbelly splash, Goodbelly probiotic fruit drink, Mutaflor, Actimel, etc.
Things to Remember while Using Probiotic Therapy
Probiotics are contraindicated in people who are compromised immunologically, in such cases their use should be completely avoided or carried out under strict supervision of a medical practitioner.
Image Credits: sitik.wordpress.com