Tuna Broth Health Benefits
Tuna broth is incredibly nutritious and offers several health benefits too. The tuna broth health benefits can be maximized by adding various nutritious ingredients into it. While choosing the ingredients be sure to take care of the relevant health benefits offered by each ingredient you have chosen. Read through the health benefits of tuna broth recounted in this blog.
- Eye Health: Tuna fish is enriched with omega-3 fatty acids. The high levels of fatty acid in the fish aids in preventing macular degeneration. Macular degeneration is the condition, during which the fine vision of the eyes deteriorates. Clinical studies suggest that people who took omega-3 fatty acids in moderate limits could reduce the risk of macular degeneration and also they could curb the symptoms of other ocular issues too.
- Cardiovascular Health: The omega-3 fatty acids in tuna deliver various cardiovascular health benefits. They work by regularizing heart beats, reducing the percentage of blood clot formation, altering the ratio of HDL to LDL. It is worth mentioning that omega-3 fatty acids curb inflammation, and thereby hindering the alteration of cholesterol into artery clogging plaques. There is much more to it: as said before by regularizing heartbeats, omega-3 fatty acids inhibit the risk of sudden death or arrhythmia. The tuna fish is enriched with vitamin B6, and folic acid, which inhibits the production of homocysteine. Homocysteine is usually generated as a by –product of methylation cycle. High levels of homocysteines impair the arterial walls and lead to atherosclerosis. Also, tuna lowers the levels of triglycerides, which are known to increase the risk of cardiovascular complications. Omega-3 Polyunsaturated fatty acids in the tuna aid in controlling the blood pressure and also inhibit the risk of atrial fibrillation.
- Mood Enhancer: A tuna diet may save you from clutches of depression and also induce stress. The EPA present in omega-3 fatty acids improves blood flow to the brain and influences the immune system and the hormones, which have some function in brain function. DHA present in the brain helps to transmit the electric signals and is integral part of the serotonin metabolism. The serotonin metabolism aids in curbing depression.
- Improves Insulin Response: Tuna is enriched with omega-3 fatty acids which aid people suffering from type 2 diabetes. Studies suggest that saturated fats lead to weight gain, but the omega-3 fatty acids in tuna aid in curbing the instances of obesity and also improve the body’s ability to respond to insulin. Omega-3 fatty acid gains this property to improve the insulin response from a type of fatty acid known as EPA. The EPA encourages the secretion of leptin and stabilizes the metabolism and regulates the body weight.
- Aids in Detoxification: The omega-3 fatty acids and selenium present in the tuna are the vital for the generation of glutathione peroxidase. This antioxidant is important for promoting the liver health and getting rid of toxins, and other heavy metals from the body. Selenium present in tuna aids in prevention of cancer.
As said, how you want to improve the tuna broth health benefits is totally your prerogative. Remember if you are on any type of medication, immediately contact your physician or doctor for an expert opinion on incorporating tuna broth into the diet.
Image Courtesy: eatalmostanything.com