Seafood Broth Health Benefits
In regular day-to-day life seafood is the term used in broader context to depict various types of fish. Seafood is popular worldwide and people don't tire of talking about the seafood broth health benefits. We bring you some important benefits of eating seafood broth, so that next time you enjoy it, you know what benefits it is bringing to you.
Top 7 seafood broth health benefits
- A bowl of seafood broth a day will help you to keep the arthritis away: Seafood is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids which help to fight inflammation and help to curb the symptoms of arthritis. Seafood broth can help to reduce instances of morning stiffness and decrease the fatigue too.
- Get rid of Depression: A bowl of seafood broth will help you to get rid of depression in a very healthy manner. Omega-3 fatty acids in seafood help to alleviate depression in people who do not respond to regular dosage of anti-depressants.
- Slows down the onset of Alzheimer’s: Alzheimer’s can be caused due to various reasons, but lack of omega-3 is considered to be one of the prime reasons for the disease. Various clinical study reports suggest that a chain of poly-unsaturated fatty acids found in seafood can actually boost the brain health and slow down the onset of Alzheimer’s in older people. The poly-unsaturated fatty acids found in seafood broth are constituents of neural membranes. These neural membranes are known to regulate the tissues of nervous system. Therefore, such fatty acids can help in snubbing the action of proinflammatory and inflammatory markers in the body.
- Serves vitamin D: Seafood broth is a vital source of vitamin D because seafood is enriched with vitamin D. Some studies suggest that vitamin D production in the body can be boosted by having a serving of seafood atleast thrice a week. A serving of seafood broth prepared using fatty fishes can serve you with 90% of the daily requirement for vitamin D.
- A bowl of seafood broth will boost your immune system: Yes, it is true. This may not go well for all kinds of seafood broths. The broth prepared using shellfish, and certain varieties of fishes enriched with vitamins A, C, D, and E, is known to boost immune system because these fishes are loaded with antioxidants. These antioxidants discourage building up of plaque in coronary arteries.
- A bowl of broth for a pregnant women: Clinical studies suggest that omega-3 fatty acids present in different types of fishes can be very vital for the growth of foetus in the womb. These fatty acids can aid in development of neural functions as well as eye functions.
- Eat seafood broth for healthy skin: Different types of fishes are enriched with lots of amino acids and minerals, which regulate skin health. These amino acids and minerals promote good eyesight. This means a bowl of seafood broth thrice a week is enough to give you glowing skin and good eyesight too.
This means a bowl of seafood broth is enough to keep many ailments at bay. So, dont hesitate to make seafood broth health benefits a part of your diet.
Image Courtesy: kingwokchinese.com