Lamb Broth Health Benefits
Lamb broth is a flavored broth, which is used as a base while preparing various casseroles, gravies, and stews. Lamb broth health benefits are many and in this blog we bring you some of them.
Lamb broth health benefits:
- Good Source of Protein: Lamb meat is a good source of protein. The lamb broth encapsulates health benefits of lamb in its fullest sense. This means lamb broth is a good source of protein as well. Lamb meat serves all 8 amino acids in a very accurate ratio, this means 4 ounces of lamb broth is enough to enrich you with 60.3% of RDA.
- Abundant Source of Zinc: Lamb broth is an abundant source of zinc. Zinc is vital for boosting the immune system and it speeds up the process of healing wounds and also plays an important role in cell division. Zinc is known for its role in increasing glucose levels in the blood. Zinc also regulates the sensory tastes and is known to improve taste and smell. Zinc promotes prostate health.
- Serves vitamin B12: Lamb broth is a good source of vitamin B12. This vitamin is necessary for the production of red blood cells and it inhibits the risk factors associated with anemia. Vitamin B12 also boosts metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. The vitamin B12 boosts nervous system too.
- Saves from Alzheimers: This is one of the lesser known lamb broth health benefits recounted in this blog. The lamb broth is enriched with niacin, which is known to protect against alzheimers disease and other cognitive decline which comes with age. Niacin is also essential for boosting the skin health and is also considered good for gastro-intestinal tract.
- Enriched with Omega -3 Fats: The lamb meat is known to be a good source of omega-3 fats. This means that it aids in preventing various forms of cancer. The content of omega-3 in a broth will vary depending on the type of lamb meat used. .
Lamb broth health benefits can be maximized by using the certified lamb for the broth preparation.
Image courtesy: ifood.tv