Rice Broth Health Benefits
Have you ever wondered about the rice broth health benefits? For those who do not know what it is, rice broth is prepared by cooking rice in chicken broth or plain water along with ingredients like garlic, scallions, parsley and low –sodium soy sauce. It can also be prepared without any flavor. The broth is the liquid that is left after the contents are strained.
For many of us, rice broth is a comfort dish. Someo f us even eat it at breakfast. The reason for having this dish range from easy-to-cook, family tradition to much more. But there are very few people who are aware of the benefits that the rice broth provides us. This blog will help you understand exactly that.
Rice Broth Health Benefits
Before discussing the rice broth health benefits, we want to state that the health benefits of a rice broth are completely subject to the variety of rice from which it is prepared. Both brown and white rice variants are revered for different set of health benefits they offer.
Coming to the point, a rice broth:
- Is a Great Source of Energy: Rice is loaded with carbohydrates, which is an excellent energy source. If you are feeling low , weak or tired then slurping a bowl of energetic rice broth can really uplift you.
- Is Good for Regulating Cardiovascular Health: As we said before, the health benefits of rice broth totally depend on the type of rice used in the preparation. If you tend to use brown rice, then you are likely to benefit from its health potentials. The rice broth encapsulates the goodness of bran present in brown rice and aids in promoting the cardiovascular health by reducing cholesterol.
- Cancer Prevention: Many people may be shocked to hear this but if you prepare your broth with whole grain rice, you are set to benefit from the cancer prevention properties of the broth, thus prepared. The insoluble fibers present in the rice actually help body to fight against the cancer cells.
- Skin Care: Rice broth is loaded with lots of skin nourishing nutrients. The nutritive value of rice is enhanced with the addition of ingredients. The nutrients in broth help to nourish the skin cells and flush out the toxins out of your body.
- Alzheimer’s: Many of you wont agree with me if I say that a rice broth can boost the functioning of your brain because it encapsulates all goodness of rice. Rice is loaded with neurotransmitters which help to curb the severity of Alzheimer’s disease upto a certain extent.
You can enjoy the above mentioned rice broth health benefits, only and only if you are keen to cultivate the habit of slurping a bowl of rice broth atleast twice or thrice a week.
Image Courtesy: shopzeus.co.uk