Beef Broth Health Benefits
Beef broth health benefits can be experienced best by making it a part of healthy diet. The beef broth is an essential ingredient in many food preparations like French onion soup. Beef broth is prepared using any handy vegetables (from our kitchen), herbs, beef bones, beef scraps, and water, etc, thereby making it one of the inexpensive foods around us.
In most of the Asian countries like Korea, China, Thailand and Japan, the beef broth is a popular street food. Whereas, in most of the European countries, beef broth is considered an integral part of several recipes or it is modified by adding vegetables or meat. It is either served after topping with a crouton or as a side dish with bread. The ways of consumption may differ, but the method of preparation remains the same throughout the world. The bones of beef are roasted and then cooked with seasonings and vegetables for several hours before straining off the solid residues.
Beef broth benefits are enormous, and it never ceases to amaze you with its versatility. Some of the more pronounced beef broth health benefits include:
- High in Minerals: Beef broth is high in minerals like phosphorous, selenium, riboflavin, silicon, vitamin B12, iron, potassium, niacin, etc. It also serves compounds like chondroitin, gelatin and glucosamine, which are derived from cartilage and tendons.
- Low in Fat: Beef broth is low in fat because the fat is skimmed off before serving.
- Saves from Osteoporosis: Along with age, the calcium content in the bone depletes and it leads to osteoporosis. Beef broth is often recommended to women approaching and going through menopause because it is an abundant source of calcium.
- Eases Symptoms of Arthritis: Beef broth is enriched with materials like gelatin, glucosamine, and sulfates, which are extracted from broken cartilages and tendon. These materials are enriched with nutrients, which aid in easing the symptoms of stiff joints and arthritis.
- Heals Digestive Tract: The beef broth is enriched with minerals, which heals digestive tract very effectively. The beef broth is chocked with gelatin and lots of minerals which act smoothly on digestive tract . The broth also improves the digestion by producing gastric acid. Glycine, is a type of amino acid which is regularly found in gelatin. It works by improving the digestion and supports the secretion of gastric acid. The gastric acid production helps to normalize the levels of hydrochloric acid in stomach.
- Saves from Leaky gut syndrome: Leaky gut syndrome is an ailment affecting bowel lining. People suffering from leaky gut syndrome are recommended to go with clear liquids and beef broth is a kind of clear liquid. This means it will leave no solid residues within the digestive tract.
Beef broth health benefits can be enjoyed only and only if the broth is consumed in a very healthy manner. For knowing more on beef broth benefits and recipes, please visit: http://www.ifood.tv/search/apachesolr_search/beef%20broth
Image Courtesy: drrayrecipes.wordpress.com