Bran Allergy-Causes, Symptoms, And Cure
Bran allergy can actually be a condition that requires to be diagnosed carefully. The outer layer of any grain is known as bran which is considerably higher in nutrients than the polished grain. It is often available in the unprocessed form and is a popular form of adding dietary fiber to meals. However, being allergic to bran is an incomplete explanation as the grain type and its properties are likely to trigger off the symptoms, not the outer layer.
Reasons for Bran Allergy
The proteins present within the bran may be mistaken for harmful allergies by your body which tries to drive it out. The result is a spate of symptoms that cause discomfort and may become severe in hypersensitive individuals. Bran protein is totally dependent on the grain it is obtained from and you are likely to be allergic to rice, barley, millet, wheat and oats according to the type of bran that acts as an allergen for you.
Bran Allergy Symptoms
- Skin rashes which include hives, eczema, and itching along with redness and inflammation.
- Breathing problems along with a sore throat and hoarseness of voice.
- Hay fever which is characterized by runny nose, watering eyes and frequent sneezing.
- Vomiting and diarrhea along with abdominal cramps.
- Inflammation and tingling in the facial area as well as the oral cavity.
- Dizziness, rapid pulse beat, palpitations and loss of consciousness collectively known as anaphylaxis.
Treating Bran Allergy Symptoms
- Avoiding the grain along with the bran after you get yourself tested by a qualified allergist.
- Antihistamine drugs can be bought over-the-counter which help in relieving the minor problems.
- Corticosteroids get rid of the skin rashes and itching.
- Anaphylaxis requires epinephrine injections which can also be self-administered by means of an Epi-pen.
Remember to check with your doctor and get the specific type of bran identified. Removing all grains from your diet simultaneously will certainly not be a wise move if you have bran allergy.
Image Credit- buzzpunching.blogspot.com