Cilantro Allergy-Causes, Symptoms, And Cure
Cilantro allergy is a trifle difficult to detect as it is used widely in many different types of cuisines. Saying no to sauces, dips and pickles is not very practical and you need to be extra careful about inquiring about the ingredients used. You also need to identify it correctly and can do so once you get to learn of the facts from this blog post.
Reasons For Cilantro Allergy
Eating the lacy leaf or seeds of the plant may result in similar reactions. Our body misconstrues the proteins present within the leaves of cilantro and coriander as harmful and a particular antibody known as IgE is created to deal with it. Ingesting cilantro seeds may also cause allergic reactions and you need to be doubly careful if you allergic to birch pollens as both the allergies are closely related to one another.
Cilantro Allergy Symptoms
- Inflammation of the gums, lips and throat with flushing of face and tingling.
- Itching of the skin, which results in skin hives and eczema patches.
- Abdominal cramps and diarrhea with vomiting.
- Severe reactions are extremely rare but may be manifested by light headedness and fall of blood pressure resulting in unconsciousness.
Treating Cilantro Allergy
- Avoiding all kinds of food containing cilantro and coriander is mandatory to prevent recurrence.
- Anti histamine drugs can help to control the mild allergic symptoms
- Application of skin creams and lotions can help to eliminate skin disorders.
- Severe anaphylaxis needs timely medical intervention.
- There’s no cause to get worried if you have been diagnosed with cilantro allergy though. Simply check the ingredients of Tex-Mex, Asian and Indian dishes and you are going to be just fine.
Image Credit- ifood.tv