Blueberry For Weight Loss
Recent reports have suggested that eating blueberry for weight loss can be a viable health option. Blueberries are uniquely loved across the world for their high vitamin and antioxidant contents. But its weight loss aspect has been rarely exploited. Eating a bowl full of blueberries can aid you in getting rid of abdominal fat. If you are still confused about using blueberry for weight loss then read on.
How Are Blueberry And Weight Loss Related?
Blueberries are loaded with phytochemicals which are responsible for making it one nutritious fruit. These phytochemicals work in a couple of ways to aid weight loss:
- Altering the levels of fasting glucose and improving insulin sensitivity -These are the two measures, which relate to how the body converts glucose into energy without allowing it to get accumulated in the form of fats. It has been found that the regular blueberry consumption affects the genes that deal with fat storage and fat burnings.
- Being an abundant source of insoluble fibers, blueberries promote weight loss by moving the food through digestive system and boosting metabolism.
- Blueberries are loaded with nutrients which trick the brain into believing that the stomach is full.
Snacking Strategies With Blueberries
Here are some of the snacking strategies that may help you if you are seriously thinking of having blueberry for weight loss:
- Blueberry Pieces Smoothie: This powerful smoothie can be made by combining blueberries, honey, banana, and ice cubes.
- Blueberry Sauce: This healthy sauce can be teamed with any regular bread or it can be drizzled over cake, bread pudding or ice cream. The sauce is prepared using sugar, blueberries, salt, fresh lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Blueberry Flax Pancakes: This pancake can be a very good alternative to your regular pancake. Ground flax seed, dry pancake mix, eggs, skimmed milk, and fresh or thawed blueberries are needed to make these nutritious pancakes. These pancakes are best served during breakfast. This fiber filled and healthy pancake can also be teamed with blueberry sauce.
- Blueberry Ginger Bread: Blueberries add an overpowering zing to the regular gingerbread. This gingerbread can be enjoyed on its own as a mid evening snack or it can be served with a dollop of whipped cream. White molasses, vegetable oil, white sugar, egg, all-purpose flour, and spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and ginger are needed along with buttermilk, sugar, and blueberries to round off this ginger bread variant.
- Five-Minute Blueberry Pie: As the name suggests this quick and healthy pie can be rounded off with cornstarch, sugar, frozen blueberries, water, whipped cream and graham cracker crust. This filling and tasty pie is good to be enjoyed during the snack time.
Using blueberry for weight loss not only helps you to shed weight easily but also aids in staying healthy.
Image Courtesy: ifood.tv