Peanut For Weight Loss
Peanut for weight loss- Is it a paradox or a reality? We are sure that many of you will say that it is a pure paradox because peanuts are simply loaded with fats, fats and fats then how can it aid in weight loss.
The recent clinical studies show that peanuts and peanut butter (this is a well-known term because it is one of the popular peanut dishes enjoyed throughout the world) has become the latest weight loss aid. The peanuts and peanut-centered dishes satiate the brain and help you stay away from hunger pangs for a longer time.
How are Peanut and Weight Loss Related?
Nutritional researchers have identified that the fats in peanuts get activated when they pass into the small intestine. They release a chemical neurotransmitter which dupes the brain to think that stomach is full and suppresses the hunger pangs. This conclusion has been reached after noticing the food habits of people living in Mediterranean belt. A typical Mediterranean diet is loaded with satisfactory amount of unsaturated fats and they aid people in staving off their hunger pangs. These factual proofs made the nutritional scientists to announce that peanut and weight loss are the different sides of the same coin.
Peanut Dieting Ideas to Consider
If you are serious about using peanut for weight loss, then here are some of the peanut dieting ideas for your benefit:
- Add crushed peanuts to the sweet soy sauce and serve it as a dip for the Vietnamese rolls.
Combine peanuts with raisins and sultanas for a high energy snack during the
midday or late afternoon.
- Serve shelled peanuts to the guests. They will surely enjoy the idea which will give them some extra time to chat and to lose weight (?!)
- Crush the peanuts and add it to the muesli or sprinkle it over a banana smoothie.
- Add the crushed peanuts to the soups, and stir frys.
- Toss the beef and vegetables stir fry with fresh deshelled peanuts.
- Add the peanuts to your garden salad.
- Add peanuts to the healthy banana cake and low fat cheese.
- Spread little peanut butter over a home made cake and serve it during evening tea.
- Add peanuts to low-fat biscuit recipes.
While considering peanut for weight loss you also tend to gain
- High amount of plant proteins.
- Lowered cholesterol
- Lowered risk of coronary heart disease
- Lowered risk of cancer due to higher levels of beta-sitoserol.
- Vitamins such as B6 and folic acid as well trace minerals like zinc, magnesium, copper and selenium.
You can give it try and say whether peanut for weight loss is a paradox or reality.
Image Courtesy: ifood.tv