Pomegranate For Weight Loss
The pomegranates are revered for their sweetness, and nutritious values. Although many people are aware of the presence of antioxidants in pomegranate but they might rub their eyes in wonder if we ask them to try pomegranate for weight loss. The pomegranates not only sum up the deliciousness of your favorite salad but they also aid in burning your flab, and boosting your energy levels. If you are still not convinced then read through these lines…….
Why you should use pomegranate for weight loss?
The answer to this question lies in the recent studies conducted by UCLA and University of Naples. The scientists said that pomegranate juice is choked with antioxidants that aid in inhibiting the fatty deposits on the walls of arteries. Also, these antioxidants help in bursting the fat cells. The fats so obtained are utilized to fuel the body. Pomegranate juice is loaded with minerals which boost the sluggish metabolism of the body. The enhanced metabolism aids in weight loss.
Pomegranate Recipes for Weight Loss
- Pomegranate Chutney: This is one of the popular weight loss recipes involving the pomegranate and finds mention in Ayurveda too. The description following the chutney reads that “ it helps to control the stomach acids, alleviates digestive gas, and above all aids in digestion and elimination without increasing the Pitta." Rock salt, black pepper, cumin seeds, pure cane sugar, and citric acid are some of the ingredients needed to prepare this chutney.
- Pomegranate Smoothie: This smoothie boosts energy in all seasons. A glass of smoothie in the morning boosts the zeal to work actively throughout the morning. The wild berries like strawberries, blueberries, etc are combined with the pomegranate seeds to give extra antioxidant boost to it.
- Green Tea with Lemon and Pomegranate: There is no need to detail about the utility of this tea. But still we would love to emphasize that this tea is enriched with antioxidants that aids in getting rid of body toxins that support the fat cells. The already potent pomegranate seeds aid in enhancing the antioxidant nature of the tea.
- Spinach Salad With Pomegranate and Avocado: This salad packs the goodness of its interesting constituents such as sunflower seeds, pomegranate seeds and spinach. The spinach and sunflower seeds being high in magnesium aids in development of dopamine. Whereas avocados are abundant source of vitamin B6 and aid in production of serotonin the mind tranquilizer. This fulfilling salad triggers the feeling of fullness within the eater and makes him stay energetic upto the next meal time.
- Pomegranate Citrus Juice: Adding pomegranate juice to the citrus juice (read oranges, tangerines, grapefruits and tangelos) will not only produce a visual wonder but also add flavor, color and antioxidants to the juice.
Pomegranate in any form is a good weight loss aid only you need to believe in its potentials.
Image Courtesy: ifood.tv