Grape Seed Oil Benefits
Grape seed oil, also known as grape oil, and is obtained from the various varieties of grapes seeds. Grape seed oil benefits have been known for their medicinal value and cosmetic purposes. This is good to explore the ingredients of grape seed oil before learning how to exploit this oil for our daily use.
Basic Constituents Of Grape Seed Oil
Grape seeds are known for their rich amounts of antioxidants and resveratrol, both of which are found in negligible amount in cold pressed grapeseed oil, because of their inability to dissolve in lipids. However, grape seed oil contains the antioxidant - procyanidolic oligomers. Grape seed oil is a good source of linoleic acid, oleic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid, alpha-linloenic acid and palmitoleic acid. Besides the presence of these essential fatty acids, grape seed oil also contains phenols like tocopherols and steroids like campesterol, beta-sitosterol and stigmasterol. This oil is also known for the presence of a significant quantity of Vitamin E.
Useful Benefits Of Grape Seed Oil
Cosmetic Benefits Of Grape Seed Oil
- This oil has been used as a base in many lotions, soaps and creams - crediting their anitaging properties. This is because of the presence of the polyphenols, which are strong antioxidants that aids in promoting the antiaging process by scavenging the free radicals.
- The presence of the anti-inflammatory properties aids in reducing the acne problem. They are helpful for oily skin and prevent the clogging of pores and breakouts.
- Linoleic aicd in grape seed oil has been known for a long time to tighten and tone up the skin, owing their credit in alleviating the healthiness of the skin and cell membranes. This compound also makes them as one of the best moisturisers and leaves your skin smooth and supple.
Health Benefits Of Grape Seed Oil
- The presence of procyanidolic oligomers (PCO), makes this oil as one of the most important health promoting properties.
- Grape seed oil has been known to stimulate and balance the circulatory system for relieving and alleviating the conditions of varicose veins and spider veins.
- Some of the other conditions that are going to be alleviated owing to the benefits of the use of grape seed oil will include premenstrual syndrome, dental cavities, cancer (crediting to their antioxidant properties) and repairing damaged blood circulatory valves.
- As an oil, this is cholesterol free and lowers the formation of low density proteins (LDL) and bad cholesterol, while at the same time this oil raises the good cholesterol, high density lipoprotein (HDL), and therefore finds a comfortbale place for culinary use.
Make use of these grape seed oil benefits to a healthier skin and a healthier heart!
Image Credits: icareaboutcosmetics.com