Health Benefits Of Apricots
Apricots are colorful and tasty fruits which consist of several nutrients that promote good health. There are several health benefits of apricots. They are loaded with several essential nutrients that treat skin diseases, anemia, fever, indigestion, earache, cancer and constipation. Apricots are used to make jelly, squash, jams and juice. Let us have a look at the health benefits of apricots.
Top Health Benefits Of Apricot
- Apricots are an excellent source of fiber so they help in preventing constipation.
- Apricots help in digestion.
- Apricot oil is known to treat ear-ache.
- Juice that is made using fresh apricots is known to treat fever. It is a great antidote for fever as it is loaded with with minerals, water, healthy calories and vitamins.
- The components present in apricots detoxify the body by helping in flushing out the unnecessary toxins.
- Apricot oil is also good for body massage as it helps to keep the skin healthy and glowing. It is also useful for treating skin diseases such as itching, eczema and scabies.
- Apricots have some copper as well as iron content that help forming hemoglobin. So those people who are suffering from anemia must consume apricots regularly.
- The lycopene as well as high beta-carotene present in apricots make it a very health fruit. They are good for cardiac health as they prevent LDL present in cholesterol from oxidation.
- Apricots are packed with vitamin A that tends to improve vision.
- Apricots are powerful antioxidants that stop the damage being caused to cells by certain free radicals. These free radicals often injure the eye lenses. This can be prevented by consuming apricots regularly. These free radicals may also result in causing cataracts or cause macular degeneration that can be taken care of by eating apricots.
- Apricots are packed with beta-carotene which possesses antioxidant qualities that help in lowering the chances of cardiac problems and strokes.
- Since dried apricots are very healthy. Being rich in potassium, this fruit helps in preventing hypertension.
- Dried apricots are great for treating constipation.
- The oil which is extracted from apricot kernels is good for nourishing and nurturing the skin and lowering stress levels. A massage using apricot oil helps in balancing the nervous system and also smoothens emotional disharmony.
Use these health benefits of apricots for your health and wellness.
image credits : apricotfacts.com