What Are The Benefits Of Accent Seasoning
Before knowing the benefits of accent seasoning, it is essential to know what accent seasoning is. Accent seasoning benefits are still controversial however, in United States the use of accent seasoning is absolutely limited because of its common allergic reactions. It is also known as Monosodium Glutamate or in short as MSG, and it almost looks like regular salt. It is mostly used in Asian cooking process for adding a specific flavor in the preparation. It has a typical tangy, spicy flavor that goes well with sauteed vegetables and meats and it is available under different brand names in market.
Accent Seasoning Benefits: How To Use It For Better Taste
- Accent seasoning is a great way for enhancing flavor of foods as salt and pepper add twist in taste, improvement of taste is one of the prime benefits of accent seasoning.
- Accent seasoning can add a special flavor in foods
- It can add freshness in processed meats
- If accent seasoning is added to left over dinner, it adds special freshness in food and it starts smelling fresher
- Accent dressing is often recommended for using on salad dressing; it adds better taste in salad preparation
- Accent dressing is also known as MSG; its salty taste can be a good option for sodium chloride and unlike sodium, Monosodium Glutamate is not that harmful for human body although consumption of MSG has shown some adverse effect on a few consumers.
- Accent dressing is taste booster for canned foods also; when it is added to canned food, it adds freshness and reduces its tinny texture and monotonous taste; it is often called as “Miracle food enhancer”, which is one of the major accent seasoning benefits on consumption.
Benefits of accent seasoning: the controversy
A few consumers of Accent dressing have been reported with some allergic reaction in post-consumption period of this salt like substances. Although the supporters of MSG have highly emphasized the benefits of accent seasoning, US Government has restricted its use. It has been reported that consumption of Accent dressing may evoke health complications like
- Burning sensation
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
However according to the report of Mayo clinic no such definite medical diagnosis has made yet on the consumption of MSG that go against the general accent seasoning benefits. Therefore the controversy about the justifiability of the use of accent dressing has not questioned yet.
Some foods with benefits of accent dressing
- Seasoned Beef
- Grilled Chicken California Cobb Salad
- Hot and Spicy Chicken Patty
- Lipton® Noodles and Sauce
- Gravy Master®
- Processed cheese spread
- Sausages (most supermarkets add MSG for retaining freshness and tangy taste)
- Sausages (most supermarkets add MSG to theirs)
- Canned Tuna
- flavored potato chips
- Dry milk
- Hot Dogs
One of the prime benefits of accent dressing is its taste enhancing property; however it is better to consume it in moderate amount so that the use may not bring any adverse health disorder.
Image credit: ifood.tv