Health Benefits Of Lime
The refreshing drop of lime in our deserts, salad, beverages, and snacks adds tangy flavor and makes the dish more healthy and palatable. Lime is so much infused in our daily eating habits that we forget at times to catch the glimpse of its health benefits of lime. Lime is the part of several favorites’ items like jams, jellies, confectioneries, fresh drinks. Let’s inform ourselves more about the health benefits of lime. Lime being most widely accepted fruits from citrus family have is the largest reservoir of vitamin C. Some of the top health benefits of lime are here to go.
1. Lime is ultimate thirst quencher. It is known to flush the body system with refreshing vigor and is deemed to be a great energy drink since ages.
2. Lime proves to be a natural remedy for cough and cold. A glass brimming with lime juice and touched with the essence of honey and ginger can be a great remedy to soar throats and sneezing nose.
3. Lime is beneficial in keeping cholesterol in check. It is recommended for people troubled with high blood pressure conditions.
4. Lime has unlimited health benefits in fortifying immune system. Lime is known to infuse resistance against various allergens.
5. Lime heals wounds fast and aids in proper digestion.
6. Lime provides relief to aching tooth and prevent occurrence of dental carries.
7. Lime in conjunction with rose water can sooth the puffy eyes and cures conjunctivitis like symptoms.
8. Lime is a good detoxifier. It flushes out the metabolic toxins and cleanses our body system.
9. Lime is potent source of vitamin C which makes it a good anti bacterial antidote.
10. To give a lasting glow to your skin, use lime slices on skin and see the miracle of its soothing effect. You will be gifted with lovely glowing skin in no time.
The health benefits of lime make it favorites among sundry. It`s use is easy and free from any side effects. Lime scores in being the most versatile of all the citrus fruit.
Image credit: ifood.tv