Health Benefits Of Almonds
Almonds could well be the nuts to reign happily ever after. Yes, such are the health benefits of almonds that from prince to paupers, this edible is prized like a coveted treasure.
Almonds are rich in proteins, folic acids, monounsaturated fats, magnesium, potassium, riboflavin and copper- a pool of nutrients to nourish your body.
Let us explore as to how each of these nutrients apply to a plethora of health benefits of almonds:
• Almonds play a key role in maintaining the blood pressure as they are high in potassium and low in sodium – the potassium-sodium ratio determines the blood-volume and the pressure in the blood vessels.
• If you have irregular bowel movements with resultant constipation, then almonds health benefits pitch in, as these nuts are very high in fiber – that aid in bowel movements.
• Almonds are a storehouse of energy being a mine of minerals, such as, riboflavin, copper, magnesium all of which play a vital role in producing energy in our body. So always carry a handful of almonds with you to kickstart your engines.
• Another health benefit of almonds is that they reduce the incidence of colon cancer. Colon cancer can result from irregular bowel movements, chronic constipation, which can lead to the accumulation of toxins in the body. Over a period of time, this can cause degenerating effects on the healthy tissues. Almonds being rich in fiber aid bowel movements and thus ensure regular detoxification of the system.
• Almonds are heart-healthy because they are high in monounsaturated fats, which help in building the good cholesterol. Thus, one more health benefit of almonds is reached out to the cardiovascular system of the human body.
• Enriched with vitamin E or tocopherol, almonds do wonders to the skin and as apart from skin-deep nourishment. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant and helps to scavenge on free radicals, which can cause premature aging, wrinkles, or cause degenerating diseases such as cancer.
• The master-brain of all nuts to head the show, almonds are good brain-food. The brain's cognitive functions are determined by the presence of the chemical called phenylanine that are present in good quantities in the nut and thereby the brainpower gets a booster from almonds health benefits.
• A rich source of folic acids, which play a key role in developmental activities, almonds underlie normal functioning of the human body. In fact, birth defects such a spina bfida that occur in the growing fetus due to folic acid deficiencies can be countered by supplementing almonds in the daily diet.
• Diabetics can make a crack at their condition with the help of almonds health benefits in stabilizing blood sugar levels.
• For those on a diet-regimen to lose weight, almonds can partner them in the mission – the nuts are rich in proteins with a low carbohydrate content(complex carbohydrates) and therefore provide sustainable energy with a high satiety factor. So with almonds you feel full fast with a fullness that lasts.
Almonds health benefits cannot be put in a nutshell as nature has yet again sown the seeds of wonder which simply unravel to reach unfathomable heights and depths.
Photo Courtesy: organicfacts.net