Top Health Benefits Of Grapes
Health benefits of grapes can be enjoyed by eating fresh grapes, grape juice and the dried form, raisin. In all the three forms, the health benefits of grapes are retained. Grapes are juicy fruits originating from the Mediterranean and Central Asia region and come in many colors such as red, green, blue, purple, black and golden. Grapes apart from being delicious are also rich in nutrients.
Grapes health benefits
- The health benefits of grapes are rooted in its rich nutrients which contain vitamin B1, B2, B6, B12, A, C, P, PP, K,minerals like potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium and selenium, phlobaphene, quercetine, gallic acid, silicic acid, anin, glucosides, salicilic acid, phosphoric acid, oxalic acid, pectins, tannic substances and iron.
- Grapes also contain flavonoids which serve as powerful antioxidants and help not only in cell repairing but also prevents cell damage. Antioxidants in grapes also prevent accumulation of oxidized cholesterol in our body.
- Grapes health benefits goes on to include prevention of asthma, migraine, heart diseases, indigestion, Alzheimer’s disease, Macular degeneration and cancer.
- Grapes prevent blood clot by increasing the nitric oxide levels in the blood there by reducing the risk of heart attack. This fruit contains a polyphenol called “Resveratrol” which helps to reduce the levels of amyloidal-beta peptides in patients with Alzheimer’s disease.
- For people suffering from kidney disorder, consumption of grapes can be helpful to increase the PH value of the uric acid which helps kidney to function properly.
- Grapes can also prevent age related diseases of the eye such as loss of eye sight.
- Health benefits of grapes are many. Grapes contain 65%-85% water and the rest is sugar. Consumption of grapes can keep yours lungs moist which helps people suffering from asthma. There are innumerable health benefits of grapes and they play an important role in preventing many diseases.
Grapes can be taken in any one of the forms: fresh fruit, grape juice or raisins. The dried form of grapes is particularly more popular as it can be carried along and no one has to worry about rotting. Raisins retain most of the nutrients except for the water. It can be eaten as a snack or whenever your body needs energy. Raisins are quiet popular among mountaineers and army men as during extreme environments when your body needs energy, raisins serves as a handy source of energy with all the health benefits of grapes.