Health Benefits Of Lemongrass
Having seen the usage of lemongrass for various purposes, I’ve always wondered about the health benefits of lemongrass. But as I found out, lemongrass health benefits are aplenty and thus make it a popular choice to be used in cooking and aromatherapy alike.
The citrus scented lemongrass is a kind of grass which is native to India. Also known as citronella, lemongrass has a light lemony flavour which make it an ideal choice to be used in perfumes, incense etc.
It can be dried and powdered or can be used in fresh form itself.
The extent of lemongrass health benefits can be gauged from the fact that scientists believe that it has the power to kill the cancer cells in the body.
Some important health benefits of lemongrass—
- It has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
- It has a calming effect on the senses that can help relieve insomnia
- Another lemongrass health benefit is that it has great detoxifying properties as well
- It is supposed to be an immunity booster for the body
- Treating common cough and cold is also one of the many lemongrass health benefits
- One very useful lemongrass health benefits, especially for overweight people, is that it helps in burning the body fat
- Health benefits of lemongrass also include lowering cholesterol and regulating blood pressure
- It also helps in aiding digestion
- For all the women, battling pimples and acne, lemongrass can prove beneficial
So either you use it in soup as flavouring, or dry and put in curry or even brew and drink it as tea, the health benefits of lemongrass are sure to rid you of many problems.
Image credits: nrsbt.com