Natural remedies for cough
Are we looking for natural cough remedies?
We cough and clear our throats before we sing, and before we are going to say something important. Heck! We do it to make a point, but when we don’t do it on purpose, to cough is a painful experience. So, what are the natural soothing remedies that are all natural cough remedies?
With the sudden expulsion of air from our lungs, you tend to cough up so hard sometimes that chest pain and throat bleeding is a possibility. So what natural cough remedies can you try out so that well, you don’t cough up a lot!? What good are remedies if you can’t make them at home, so here are a few tested remedies are:
- Extracted juice of ginger with honey, take it three or four times a day is an excellent natural remedy for cough.
- Add two tablespoons of glycerin and two tablespoons of honey to the lemon juice. Take 1 teaspoonful daily. It will give you relief from cough.
- Mix 3 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 cup honey, and 1/4 cup warm water and take two teaspoons daily. This is the best natural remedy for cough before you get it, since it keeps the body warm everyday!
- Add a gram of turmeric powder to a teaspoon of honey for curing dry cough.
- In cases of dry cough, peel a small piece of fresh ginger. Sprinkle some salt on it and chew. Trust me, it works!
- Three peppers sucked with a pinch of caraway seeds and a crystal of common salt provides relief. This is one of the best natural cough remedies. In fact, I had a choked up throat right before my song performance, and this remedy saved the day!
- Hot tea with lemon and raspberry jam, drink as much as possible.
- Ginger tea, prepared by adding a few pieces of ginger into boiled water before adding tea leaves, is another effective natural remedy for cough.
- Chew cardamom for a long time. It not only keeps your breath fresh but is an effective natural remedy for cough.
- Three cloves of garlic boiled in milk, can be used every night. It does sting but it is a very effective natural remedy for cough.
- Take half a teaspoon of fresh turmeric powder, mixed in 30ml. of warm milk twice a day. It is my mother-in-laws favorite and effective natural remedy for cough.
- Drink hot milk with honey at bedtime.
- Eucalyptus steam. Take some boiling water, taken off the fire, and put a few leaves of eucalyptus into it, cover and cover your head with a towel and inhale this steam.
- A decoction of henna leaves can be used as a gargle, with beneficial results.
- Soak almonds overnight. Remove their skin. Make a paste of these almonds with little butter and sugar. Very useful for a dry cough.
- If it is that raspy dry cough that is killing you, an intake of cuscus grass mixed with coconut milk or tea made using aniseed and holy basil is effective in curing dry cough.
Try a few other tips too, but be sure to keep your neck covered if you want to avoid the cough from becoming worse. The magic words which are the best natural cough remedies are Basil, Ginger, Cardamom, and hot water. If you got these ready, that scoff won’t last long!
Video Credit- youtube.com