Discover The Health Benefits Of Ashwagandha - Wonder Herb
Ashwagandha – a herb full of miraculous wonders, is native to India and North America. Let us tread nature’s path to discover the health benefits of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), also known as Indian winter cherry.
The herb has been hailed by the Ayurvedic science adapted from ancient Indian texts, for its healing powers for many ailments and, Ashwagandha-the healer, is extracted from the brown roots of the shrub.
Ashwagandha’s potential is being tapped for extracts for alternative medicine and many Japanese and American companies have also applied for patents to make use of the extracts of this wonder herb.
Let us explore the health benefits of Ashwagandha to discover why modern science is tracing its roots as a potential herb.
• Ashwagandha is renowned for its ability to soothe frayed nerves, stabilize mood-swings, bring down anxiety, and also induce sleep. The becalming effect of the herb makes it popular amongst herbalists.
• From the mind to the body, Ashwagandha has also been termed as the “old-age” supplement. Old people can take the herbal supplement to improve their cognitive skills, mental agility, and also improve memory.
• Another health benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to subdue drug withdrawal symptoms as it has the ability to stabilize moods and also catalyze adrenal recovery.
• The common flu with its symptoms can be warded off with this herb as it has compounds, which are natural decongestants and also reduce coughing. The wonder herb can also fight the symptoms of asthma and other upper respiratory tract infections.
• Another potential health benefit of Ashwagandha, which is being unraveled by research, is the potency of the herb to kill cancer cells without affecting the healthy cells much.
• The herb is also used as an anti-aging supplement, as it has considerable potency to reduce stress. And it is well known that stress manifests into physical and mental debilitating conditions. Medical Science identifies a great potential to use Ashwagandha as an anti-depressant and a stress buster.
• Nourishment for bones and muscles can be derived as one of the many health benefits of Ashwagandha and the herb’s anti-inflammatory property is also found to have given relief for patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis.
• The orange berries from Ashwagandha can also be used topically to cure tumors, skin ulcers and carbuncles.
• The herb is also used to increase immunity levels thereby helping the body to fight the invasion of microbes. Additionally, general stamina of the body is also improved reducing the incidence of fatigue or “drain-outs”.
• Wounds and injuries heal quickly with the medicinal and healing properties of this wonder herb.
• The herb with its high health potential has also been found to regulate blood pressure, lower cholesterol and thereby, maintain good heart-health.
• Another health benefit of Ashwagandha, which has made it popular, is its ability to reduce swelling and restore blood supply.
• Compared to the Chinese ginseng herb, Ashwagandha is on the anvil of research for alternative medicine therapies to cure bone cancer, diabetes, bipolar disorder, constipation, impotency, rheumatism, nerve problems, memory loss, and many other physical ailments.
Before you decide to use Ashwagandha as a dietary supplement, it is recommended to take your physician's consent.
The innumerable health benefits of Ashwagandha yet again shows that the immense potential of herbs justifiably extolled, extracts naturally to give the maximum health benefits.
Photo Courtesy : helpfulhealthtips.com