Learn About The Negative Effects Of Red Meat
Before you order your next steak in your favorite restaurant, you must learn about the negative effects of red meat. All over the world, people are cutting down on their red meat diet, just be learning the negative effects of red meat. Once you get aware of these facts, perhaps you will also think twice before ordering a rarely done steak or juicy hamburger of your choice.
- First of all, the saturated animal fat present in the red meat is not at all suitable for your body. This fat increases the bad cholesterol level of blood and thus enhances the risk of cardiovascular problems. People having red meat in regular basis can also turn to be obese, as the animal fat gets accumulated in the human body.
- According to the recent scientific researches, red meat doubles the risk of colon cancer for the people who consume a lot of this. Not only colon cancer, excessive amount of red meat can be the reason behind other cancerous development in the body. This is just because the fact that red meat contains more carcinogenic substances than other meats or poultry foods.
- Research also shows that people regularly consuming red meat are more vulnerable to Alzheimerâs disease. In certain situations, this could be also related to the Mad Cow Disease, effecting the nervous system and brain pretty badly.
- The saturated animal fat in red meat can also invite disease like atherosclerosis, where the artery walls can collect fat and form calcium deposit on the walls causing total blockage to the artery. This hardening of arteries can lead to problems like chest pain, breathing difficulty, heart attack etc.
- As per the scientific studies on red meat, it can again increase the risk for rheumatoid arthritis, which affects the joints to get inflamed and eventually hampers in the mobility of the person. In case of rheumatoid arthritis, patient might feel chest pain and numbness in the limb parts.
- Another negative effect of red meat in case of women is that this can cause endometriosis, a disease causing pelvic pain, sleep problems, heavy menstrual bleeding, diarrhea or constipation, problem in urinary system etc.
- The excessive consumption of red meat can also lead to osteoporosis by causing damage to the bones. With the increasing age, the calcium from bones gets absorbed into human body, making the bones weak and vulnerable to breaking.
When you get to know that eating red meat is associated with all the above health risks, then you must be prepared to quit it. You can safely eat white meat, fish and seafood without worrying about these issues. Even vegetables can also provide a great percentage of protein requirements in a much safer way.
Image Courtesy: hypnosishealthinfo.com