Health Benefits Of Cinnamon
I never knew cinnamon is so good for health! I came to know about the Health Benefits Of Cinnamon from a dietician friend of mine.With a strong aromatic fragrance and sweet taste cinnamon has also several surprising potential health benefits. Well, what more do I need!
You'd be surprised at the benefits that the cinnamon offers. It contains a good amount of magnesium, phosphorus, calcium and potassium. At present, a great deal of research is being conducted to study the possible health benefits of cinnamon. So, not only it adds flavor to your food, it is also good for your health. Read on to find more about the health benefits of cinnamon.
1) ArthritisâTo cure arthritis make a paste from one part honey and two parts of luke warm water added with a small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Massage this paste on the itching part of the body and the pain should recede within fifteen minutes.
2) Hair loss or baldness- Say bye to hair loss or baldness! Just mix hot olive oil, one tablespoon of honey, one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and apply the paste on your hair before taking bath. Keep it for approximately 15 minutes before taking shower.
3) ToothacheâAre you having toothache? Make a paste of one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and five teaspoons of honey and apply it on the aching tooth. Do this three times a day and keep it for for 15 minutes each time you do so. You will be relieved!
4) Reducing CholesterolâCheck cholesterol with cinnamon. Mix up two tablespoons of honey, three teaspoons of cinnamon powder and blend it with 16 ounces of tea. This is sure to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood by 10% within 2 hours.
5) Coldsâ Cure most chronic cough, cold and clear the sinuses easily. For 3 days take one tablespoon of luke warm honey with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder. Trust me cinnamon mixture does cure a cold.
6) InfertilityâCinnamon cures infertility too. In some Asian countries, women who cannot conceive may take a pinch of cinnamon powder in half a teaspoon of honey, and apply it on the gums. This paste slowly mixes with the saliva and enters the body.
7) MemoryâScientific studies show that just smelling cinnamon improves our memory and performance of certain tasks.
8) Stomach AcheâIs your tummy troubling you? Take honey with cinnamon powder in equal quantities. It relieves the pain in the stomach.
9) ImmunityâStrengthen your immune system with the regular intake of honey and cinnamon powder. This protects the body from bacterial and viral attacks.
10) Weight LossâEarly in the morning (in empty stomach), drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one cup water to reduce your weight.
For traditional sweets, cakes and desserts as well as many savoury dishes made with cinnamon visit ifood.tv and boost you health with this delicious, fragrant spice.