Tips To Use Oatmeal For Constipation Treatment
Constipation is a common condition associated with hard and dry stools which can be relieved by adding oatmeal to your diet. The cereal is effective as it helps to bulk up stools leading to easy passage and provides relief from pain. You also need to learn about the Constipation Foods To Avoid while you include oats to your meals. Read on for tips to use oatmeal in the treating the condition.
Benefits of Oatmeals In Constipation
- Whole oats or steel cut oats which are unrefined oats cut into smaller pieces are a great source of fiber. According to the American Dietetics Association, it is important to get at least 20 to 35 g of fiber a day.
- A single serving of oats will give you up to 8 g of fiber. This is very useful and helps to bridge the gap in the fiber intake.
âTips To Use Oatmeals for Combating Constipation
- Use oats to make risottos, add it in milkshakes, use instead of refined flour to make cakes. It is also easy to cook with oat bran which is rich in fiber.
- It can also be used to make homemade granola where you can alter its contents to make it lower in calories and higher in fiber.
- You can make sweet as well as savoury meals with oats. To make your meals more interesting add different vegetables and seasoning so that there is no monotony.
- Fiber works with water to soften stools and help relieve constipation. It is very important to increase fluid intake to a minimum of 2 litres a day.
Exercise will go a long way in keeping you fit and reduce the occurrence of constipation. Remember to rehydrate yourself with plenty of water as sweating will result in loss due to evaporation. Do not forget the fiber in form of oatmeal!
Image Credit www.amoils.com