Diet Tips For Acid Reflux In Teens
A holistic approach that involves the right diet with regular exercise can work wonders for teens battling with recurrent acid reflux. Proper food improves the functioning of your digestive tract, cures gas and bloating and provides relief from acidity. Teens experience sudden bouts of emotional physical stress resulting in lifestyle changes and excessive binging on fried foods. Let us check a few of the symptoms associated with acid reflux in teens and learn about the dietary tips they must adhere to.
Signs and Symptoms
You need to visit your doctor if any of the below mentioned symptoms seem to strike you.
- Stomach disorder
- Intestinal problems
- Burning sensation in stomach
Top Rated Natural Cures
- Honey serves to be the sweetest weapon to fight against acid reflux symptoms in teens.
- The thick consistency of honey makes it a wonderful coating material for stomach lining and this way it protects the stomach from harsh effects of acids.
- It is able to breakdown the food into small bits that help in better bowel movement.
- Honey is considered to be best remedy for irritated or sore throat.
- It is best cure for stomach ulcers and other digestive complications.
- Just make sure to include raw honey that has not been pre-processed or pasteurized as these processes rips it off the miraculous compounds through it is known as natural healer.
Foods to avoid:
It is best to familiarize yourself with the kind of foods that act as trigger for acid reflux. Following is the list of foods that trigger the symptoms of the condition:
- Citrus or acidic fruits
- Carbonated beverages
- High volume of fat foods
- Spicy and junk foods
- Alcoholic beverages
- Herbal tea serves to be great way to avoid the recurring symptoms of acid reflux.
- You can include green tea, chamomile tea or even ginger tea.
- All these help in quelling the gas and bloating conditions.
- They set stage for beneficial bacteria in your gut flora and prevent the outgrowth og bad bacteria.
You can be sure that your acid reflux is never going to be a problem when you are in your teens if you remember to follow the above mentioned diet tips.
Image credit: health-slides-kaboos.com