Avocado For Weight Loss
Avocado was nicknamed butter pear due to its high fat content. But the fruit is slowly making a bang as a healthy fruit. Would you like to try avocado for weight loss? Then again another round of debate may start as how a high fatty ingredient adds to your weight loss goals. The answer would be not all fats are bad for you. The bad fat adds to your weight and good fat always keeps you from getting fat. And the avocado falls into the latter category.
Avocado and Weight Loss
- Avocado is loaded with monounsaturated fats.
- Avocado helps to correct insulin function.
- Avocado is good for controlling the weight.
Lets start analyzing these statements one by one to ascertain how avocado and weight loss can go hand in hand.
Monounsaturated Fats: They largely alter the way body uses blood sugar. The monounsaturated fats inhibit the fat formation in the abdomen by increasing the rate of fat burning.
The avocados are loaded with fat burning carbohydrates called mannoheptulose. The mannoheptulose works on insulin secretion. There is a strong connection between insulin secretion and weight gain.
Insulin Function: Insulin resistance is the underlying cause of any weight gain. This phenomenon generally occurs when cells bordering the arteries start resisting insulin. The insulin is used by the body to extract sugar from the blood into the cells where it will be utilized as energy. When cells show resistance towards insulin then the body starts storing blood sugar for fat. The heightened insulin secretion often ends up in weight gain. It is here the role of mannoheptulose becomes more prominent. The mannoheptulose aids in weight loss by inhibiting the over secretion of insulin by the body.
Avocado Recipes for Weight Loss
- Avocado, Tomato and Lettuce Sandwich: This easy to make sandwich makes light but healthy lunch. The heart healthy fats from avocados will boost your immunity and provide creamy texture to your food too.
- Corn and Avocado Salad: This Cool South Western salad packs in the goodness of fresh summer corn, buttery and heart healthy avocados, and rich pinto beans. It is spiced up with other ingredients like olive oil, cilantro, cumin, limes and baked tortilla chips.
If you are still afraid of the fats in Avocados for some obvious reasons then we suggest that you should limit the consumption to ¼ or ½ avocados at a time.
For best results it is recommended that avocados be combined with other naturally occurring weight loss ingredients.
Image Courtesy: blogs.families.com