Fever Foods To Eat
If you are suffering from fever you normally lose your appetite. Everything tastes like cardboard and you have absolutely no appetite, however tempting the food may be. But it is very important for you to eat well when you are running a fever. It would be best to work out a diet plan after consulting with your doctor in order to avoid complications later on. Do try to follow the plan as closely as possible until after your fever subsides and you are ready to face the world again. Here are some ideas that will help you to fight the fever.
It is not enough to get proper nutrition during fever; you must also recover the lost strength of your body. It is therefore imperative to follow the tips given below:-
- Meals should be freshly prepared and light.
- Water should be consumed throughout the day in order to keep the body hydrated.
- Vegetarian foods are preferred as opposed to red meats, which are difficult to digest.
- It is not advisable to take iron or zinc supplements during fever as they do not get absorbed easily when your body is fighting infection.
Foods To Eat
Light foods that are easy on the stomach and can be swallowed easily are normally recommended by the medicos. Some of the foods that can help you to keep up your strength include:-
- Fresh fruit juices
- Vegetable juices
- Warm milk with honey
- Assorted nuts
- Light milky porridge
- Boiled vegetables
- Chicken or veggie broth
- Sprout salad
- Ginger laced tea or soup
There are many home remedies available for curing fever. Here are some of the more beneficial ones:-
Take 10-15 raisins and soak them in water. Crush the raisins in the same water and strain it. Drink this mixture 2-3 times a day.
Holy basil is yet another useful ingredient for treating the fever. You just need to boil few leaves in two cups of water and drink it. You can add some honey for enhancing the taste.
- You can also mix some honey, lime juice and some ginger juice together and drink it. It happens to be very effective.
Foods To Avoid
You must be careful to stay away from the following when you are down with fever.
- Red meat
- Junk food
- Frozen foods like ice cream
- Oily and fat laden foods
- Carbonated drinks
Be sure to see your doctor if the fever does not subside after taking all possible precautions.