Oats For Weight Loss
It is a common practice to have oats for weight loss. Actually they fit the bill when it comes to curbing hunger and keeping one full. It has been found that that the soluble fiber in oats does the trick. It gets modified into gel once you consume oats. If you are not convinced about using oats for weight loss then you can read through this blog to know why it may work for you.
How Oats Aid in Weight Loss
Having a cereal of bowl in the morning not only aids in weight loss but certainly loads you with other health benefits too.
- First and foremost thing is that having a bowl of oats in the morning will aid you in increasing the intake of whole grains.
- The oats like other whole grains is made up of fiber, minerals and phyto nutrients which aid in normalizing the sugar levels in a reducing the blood cholesterol levels.
- Oats have soluble fiber which helps to regulate the feeling of satiety within the eater and helps to reduce the blood cholesterol levels too.
- Another good news is that diabetics can have it too. The soluble fiber in oats aid in slower digestion and helps to spread the rise in blood sugar for a longer time period. It was also noticed that the people who were on oats diet were able to reduce medications because oats are loaded with minerals like magnesium, iron and thiamin.
Easy Weight Loss Recipes Using Oats
Following recipes involving oats will confirm your doubts on oats and weight loss.
- Cocoa Date Oatmeal: This recipe not only rings bell with its deliciousness but also aids in confirming your belief in using oats for weight loss. The cocoa in conjunction with oats works wonder. If eaten for a breakfast you will feel contented and feel fuller throughout the morning. You will require chopped pitted dates, along with dark unprocessed cocoa and rolled oats to make this dish. Adding a pinch of salt to the dish may bring wonder.
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies: These cookies can be real fun it not only satiates your hunger but also appeases your taste buds. You will require oats, wheat pastry flour, chocolate chips, cinnamon, all purpose flour, unsalted butter, light brown sugar, vanilla extract, egg, egg white, bittersweet chocolate chips and chopped walnuts to square off these cookies.
- Overnight Oatmeal: This is a very simple and fulfilling oatmeal dish which keeps you high throughout the morning. Water, dried cranberries, salt and apricots are needed to square off this simple dish which will affirm your beliefs in oats and weight loss.
Having a bowl of oats for breakfast is an healthy and wealthy option because they load you with nutrients and at the same time make you lighter by few even pounds!
Image Courtesy: ifood.tv