Rheumatoid Arthritis Foods To Avoid
Rheumatoid arthritis is a very painful condition and it affects the joints. It may worsen if you don’t know which rheumatoid arthritis foods to avoid. It is universally believed that the diet helps in curbing the gravity of pain experienced in rheumatoid arthritis. Mostly the sufferers have certified that by avoiding certain foods or food groups they found great difference in their condition.
Foods to avoid for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Wheat and wheat products: Wheat and wheat products are another form of gluten. Wheat is found to rich in phosphorus and it can ooze out calcium from the bones. The wheat and its derivatives are strictly prohibited if you are suffering from arthritis.
- Fried foods: They feature in the list of rheumatoid arthritis foods to avoid because the oil (read vegetable oil) used for frying the food is found to be rich in Omega -6.The omega-6 fatty acids have the tendency to aggravate the inflammation and stiffen the joints. Thus it is advised by health experts to stay away from the fried foods during the bout of rheumatoid arthritis. This means you need to avoid your packet of favorite fries and instead root for baked goodies which satiate your hunger.
- Saturated Fats: They strictly prohibited if you are vulnerable to the attack of rheumatoid arthritis. Most of the saturated fats like red meat, pork, dairy and poultry are found to be rich in arachidonic acid. The arachidonic acids actually stimulate the production of prostaglandin which aggravates the inflammation. If you find it hard to avoid the saturated fats then you can perhaps search for the low calorie and healthy substitutes of these foods.
- Antacids: The antacids are also other serious rheumatoid arthritis foods to avoid because they work by neutralizing the acids in stomach. This action will prohibit the absorption of nutrients by the body.
- Carbonated Beverages: They are mentioned in most of the lists of rheumatoid arthritis foods to avoid because they are laced with sugar and are rich in phosphorus which will ooze out the bone density and make them week thus paving way for the inflammations, pains and agonies.
The symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis should be curbed with a proper diet and effective medications.
Image Courtesy: ifood.tv